ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Private parking fine-court

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RB55
Newly Registered

EU citizen with ILR -BC question

Post by RB55 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi all ,great forum thx for adding me.

I have acquired ILR (sticker in passport) in 2006 ,before my country joined EU.I intend to apply now for BC ,I am confused if this is considered a residency (the ILR) or not and can I apply without having to get a separate residency as a EU citizen ?

Initially I thought I do not need to do it but I was made aware of this case (Inga Lockton -there is an article about it on another immigration blog but not sure is permitted to be copied here so I won't do it )and even thought apparently ILR is sufficient legally not sure where I'm standing now.
Any clarification would be highly appreciated .
Thx.

secret.simon

Re: EU citizen with ILR -BC question

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:14 am

If you have ILR stamped/stuck as a vignette in your passport and you can prove that you have never been absent from the UK for more than two years, you should be able to apply for British citizenship without any issues. Remember that you will need to include proof going back to the time the ILR was issued to demonstrate that you meet the absence requirements.

Inga Lockington did eventually get her British citizenship and passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

RB55
Newly Registered

Re: EU citizen with ILR -BC question

Post by RB55 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Thank you for your answer.

RB55
Newly Registered

Private parking fine-court

Post by RB55 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi all
Would like a clarification regarding being taken to County court businesses center by a private land parking company would affect the BC application?
The mater has been settled(full requested sum paid to parking company solicitors) before a court hearing as soon as papers have been received .
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Private parking fine-court

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:34 pm

Private parking fine is just like an invoice, company took you to court for payment, not a criminal matter, and no CCJ involved = no issue, no need to declare.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.