ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LukasX2
Newly Registered

Proof of living in the UK

Post by LukasX2 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:49 pm

Hello, i turned 18 a few months ago and I want to ask about the 'proof of living in the uk' for british citizenship, how do I prove it? I'm an EEA National, would I have to contact my 'educational establishment/school' and if so, what would I ask them to give me to prove i've lived here for 5 years, or is my settlement status alongside other documents like passport and uk registration certificate enough to prove how long i've lived here for citizenship?

Thanks.

magicsign
Italy

Re: Proof of living in the UK

Post by magicsign » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:46 am

Any government letters you received during these last 5 years are also considered proof of residence, examples : Home Office, NHS, HMRC, Council...make sure they have your name on them and not just "home owner", "the resident"