ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in UK 3 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

natic
Newly Registered
Mood:
Croatia

Proof of living in UK 3 years

Post by natic » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:04 pm

Hello everyone,

Can anyone advise which documents can be submitted as proof of living in UK for a citizenship application?

I don't have any passport stamps as I am an EU citizen and have used the e-gates to enter UK. I have all plane tickets and payslips saved and I was hoping this would suffice?

Also, I can see the application requires a permanent residence card which again I do not have. I have been granted settled status.

Thank you.
Natic

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of living in UK 3 years

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:58 pm

First of all, you do not need a permanent residence card - your online settled status is sufficient!
As for documents to prove residency, P60s, or employer letter, or Council Tax bills with your name on are the most common ones. Just one type of document is sufficient. Please review the guidance for AN: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

natic
Newly Registered
Mood:
Croatia

Re: Proof of living in UK 3 years

Post by natic » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:05 pm

Thank you so much for confirming @alterhase58!

I was a bit worried as the application mentioned that I cannot apply unless I have a permanent residence card... see attached image... and when I searched for the application I could see it's no longer in use...