ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dko

Proof of residency

Post by dko » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:40 am

Hello,
My husband and I will be naturalising soon and would like some clarification regarding proof of residency. We are in receipt of refugee travel documents which are now expired but never used at at anytime to travel. We used them as identification when applying for ILR. My question is that can we use them as proof of residency for the last 5 years instead of providing P60's,council tax and mortgage deeds?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of residency

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:27 am

With expired or not stamped passports it is normally required to submit documents supporting residency such as P60s or council tax, for each year. Only a minimum of documents is needed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dko

Post by dko » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:25 pm

I thought so too but wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification. Will get the paperwork ready for each year.

sathyauk
India

Post by sathyauk » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:28 pm

utility bills and council tax bills are not considered as residency proof. You need payslips, employer letter, p60, p45 or medical appointements

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:37 pm

sathyauk wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:28 pm
utility bills and council tax bills are not considered as residency proof. You need payslips, employer letter, p60, p45 or medical appointements
As far as I'm aware CT bills are accepted as proof, they are issued by official bodies - utility bills are not acceptable as you say.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.