ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of sufficient time in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bgsbgs

Proof of sufficient time in the UK

Post by Bgsbgs » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:00 pm

My wife is applying for naturalisation. She has travelled out of the country several times for short trips over the last three years (total time well below the 90 and 270 day limits).

I understand that normally she is able to prove that she has been in the UK enough with her passports. However, on some of the occasions when she travelled out of the country for short trips, there is no stamp in the passport (partly because her home country doesn’t stamp her passport on entry, and of course the UK does not stamp on exit). So the passports do not prove that the dates of her trips abroad she put in the application are correct.

Is this an issue? Are there alternative docs she could submit?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of sufficient time in the UK

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:14 pm

There's no requirement to prove every date out of the UK - requirement is to list all your trips out of the UK. You are allowed to estimate dates and durations if not sure. You are free to add a note explaining estimates and missing stamps. But no need for tickets, etc.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dexmo

Re: Proof of sufficient time in the UK

Post by dexmo » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:41 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:14 pm
There's no requirement to prove every date out of the UK - requirement is to list all your trips out of the UK. You are allowed to estimate dates and durations if not sure. You are free to add a note explaining estimates and missing stamps. But no need for tickets, etc.
And, to add to this, there's a number of countries now that don't stamp passports of some or all categories of travellers. Australia, Canada, US and the UK itself are just a few. The EU countries, if you're an EEA national, have not been stamping passports for years. UKVI may not know what the standard practice is each of the countries but they do know not stamping passports on entry and exit is becoming more and more common. Your wife won't be in trouble if she declares whatever trips in the application and the stamps for these aren't in her passport.