ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

prove for being in the UK 5 exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives the Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mfawazt
Mood:

prove for being in the UK 5 exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives the Citizenship application

Post by mfawazt » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:45 am

Hi,

I have ILR and want to apply for citizenship next month.
to be eligible I have to prove that I have been in the UK exactly 5 years before the application date.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... -to-remain

The problem is my home office travel document was lost in 2014 so can't use it as a prove.
Can I use bank statements that show some transactions in the UK?
what else can I use?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: prove for being in the UK 5 exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives the Citizenship application

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:12 am

You don't have to prove the date. You just make sure that all your details tally, i.e. your days out of country, employment details etc.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mfawazt
Mood:

Re: prove for being in the UK 5 exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives the Citizenship application

Post by mfawazt » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:16 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:12 am
You don't have to prove the date. You just make sure that all your details tally, i.e. your days out of country, employment details etc.
Thanks for your reply.
it says in the website that I have to submit a prove of being in the UK exactly 5 years before the application date. so I think they need some documents confirming this

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:23 pm

OK that's news to me - did paper application two years ago and didn't have to prove it specifically.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:59 am

mfawazt wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:16 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:12 am
Thanks for your reply.
it says in the website that I have to submit a prove of being in the UK exactly 5 years before the application date. so I think they need some documents confirming this
Where exactly does it state that and what is the exact wording on the website and which website is it?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Konsog

Post by Konsog » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:02 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:23 pm
OK that's news to me - did paper application two years ago and didn't have to prove it specifically.
I also applied quite recently and saw no such documentary "requirement". Anyway, I'm not sure what one (especially EU citizen) could provide to prove that they were in the country on such a specific date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:07 am

Konsog wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:02 am
alterhase58 wrote:
I also applied quite recently and saw no such documentary "requirement". Anyway, I'm not sure what one (especially EU citizen) could provide to prove that they were in the country on such a specific date.
A Non EU citizen, as the OP in this topic is, provides their passports only, this is sufficient to prove you were in the UK combined with the checks HO do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mfawazt
Mood:

Post by mfawazt » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:07 am
Konsog wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
A Non EU citizen, as the OP in this topic is, provides their passports only, this is sufficient to prove you were in the UK combined with the checks HO do.
the problem is: In 2013 I got HO travel document, which was lost in 2014. Got another one in 2015 which I still have but expired. So I don't have a travel document or passport that confirms that I was in the UK 5 years ago.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:13 pm

mfawazt wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:18 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:07 am
Konsog wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
the problem is: In 2013 I got HO travel document, which was lost in 2014. Got another one in 2015 which I still have but expired. So I don't have a travel document or passport that confirms that I was in the UK 5 years ago.
I assumed you got ILR through asylum grant route. as i understand you dont really have to provide these documents.
but for extra measure you can provide details of the previous travel documents along with cover letter and the lost report.