ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query regarding "Have You Made Any Previous UK Immigration Applications in the UK or Abroad?"

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Query regarding "When did you first arrive in the UK?" question

Post by cooloz » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:51 pm

Hello experts,

I'm in the process of applying for naturalisation on the basis of having lived in the UK for 5 years with a Tier2 visa + a year with an ILR.

My query is related to a question in the application - When did you first arrive in the UK?

I need some guidance in getting the correct date for this question.

I first arrived in the UK in Mar 2004 under Work Permit and after that I had multiple visits
I got my Tier2 ICT visa in May 2010
In between I went to home country and came back with family (dependent wife and child) in Mar 2013
I got T2G general in Sept 2014
I got ILR in Aug 2019

Therefore what date I need to fill for this question:
Mar 2004 - When I first came to UK
May 2010 - When I got T2 ICT visa
Mar 2013 - When I got the family to UK with the intention of staying
Sept 2014 - when I got T2G making me eligible for ILR

In the same application I am applying for my kid as well (well over 1 year in ILR visa) and I presume for kid's application this date would be Mar 2013 as thats when they first came to UK?

Please can you advise on the dates?

Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Query regarding "When did you first arrive in the UK?" question

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:57 pm

Everyone has their own form even if in one account. Answer kid’s question accordingly. 2013.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Post by cooloz » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:47 pm

Thanks Cullinan. The response helps.

In the section "Details of your trip outside UK" do I need to provide all the trip details from 2004 onwards or limit that to last 5 years i.e. from the date of ILR eligibility?

Please note there is a field related to "total number of full day absent" that get populated adding all the in-between travel days when one is outside of UK, i believe that information is relevant for last 5 years and perhaps not for the entire duration.

What do you advice?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:34 pm

Last 5 years that is your qualifying period.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

query regarding "Have You Made Any Previous UK Immigration Applications in the UK or Abroad?"

Post by cooloz » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:45 am

Hi,

Seeking help for below queries with regards to naturalization application for myself

I got ILR in Aug 2019 through 5 year T2G visa route and I am now applying for citizenship.

Question: I have selected 'Yes' for "Have You Made Any Previous UK Immigration Applications in the UK or Abroad?". The information I need to provide for each visa category is
  • Name in which you made the application
      Date of application (if known)
        Your Home Office reference number
          Whether the application made in the UK – yes or no?
            Were your fingerprints taken as part of this application?

I have work permits, T2-ICT, T2G and settlement visa from 2004 onwards.

Do I need to provide details for all visas from 2004 onwards or only for last 10 years?

In addition, I dont have details like Date of application (if known), Your Home Office reference number for all the older visas esp older work permits.

Does the visa reference number on top right corner of passport stamped page will suffice as Home office reference number for the work permit passport stamps. I was planning to use BRP number for visas where I have the biometric card. will that be ok?

Please advise on above queries as that will help tremendously.

Many Thanks

cooloz
          Newly Registered
          India

Re: query regarding "Have You Made Any Previous UK Immigration Applications in the UK or Abroad?"

Post by cooloz » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:47 am

Dear members / moderators

please can you look into my query above and provide your views?