ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Referee Profession (Chiropodist)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

france7834
Newly Registered

Question about Referee Profession (Chiropodist)

Post by france7834 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:39 pm

Hi
One of my referee professions is Podiatrist, but the list of professions says Chiropodist.
My referee told me they are the same profession, but my question is: what should I type in the application form? Podiatrist or Chiropodist? And if I type Podiatrist, will this still consider a valid profession for the referee?
This is my professional referee.
Thank you for your help.

strong_and_stable

Re: Question about Referee Profession (Chiropodist)

Post by strong_and_stable » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:32 pm

france7834 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:39 pm
Hi
One of my referee professions is Podiatrist, but the list of professions says Chiropodist.
My referee told me they are the same profession, but my question is: what should I type in the application form? Podiatrist or Chiropodist? And if I type Podiatrist, will this still consider a valid profession for the referee?
This is my professional referee.
Thank you for your help.
Yes, "chiropodist" and "podiatrist" are the same (e.g like "flight attendant" and "cabin crew"). Both are protected titles under British law. If you're concerned, perhaps just put "chiropodist / podiatrist".
"Strong and stable government in the national interest" -Theresa May, Home Secretary (2010-2016)