ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

quick question regarding wifes application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
natty321
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:04 pm

quick question regarding wifes application

Post by natty321 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:59 pm

i have done the oath and recieved my certificate on the 5th oct 2013 but havnt applied for british passport yet as my wife will need to take my certificate for her appointment with NCS on 21-oct-2013

confused on the following
on question 1.34 for my wife application applying on 3 year basis as a spouse

Partner’s nationality...will she put british ?if i still havent applied for british passport and taken oath and recieved the naturlisation certificate?

2)If your partner is a naturalised British citizen enter date they
were granted this citizenship....
will this date be date of approval or the date of my oath ?

3) Their citizenship certificate reference number
on my certificate there is certicifate number and reference number
which one she need to use for that question?
help will be much appreciated
thanks

cricinfo
Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Re: quick question regarding wifes application

Post by cricinfo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:10 pm

natty321 wrote:i have done the oath and recieved my certificate on the 5th oct 2013 but havnt applied for british passport yet as my wife will need to take my certificate for her appointment with NCS on 21-oct-2013

confused on the following
on question 1.34 for my wife application applying on 3 year basis as a spouse

Partner’s nationality...will she put british ?if i still havent applied for british passport and taken oath and recieved the naturlisation certificate?

2)If your partner is a naturalised British citizen enter date they
were granted this citizenship....
will this date be date of approval or the date of my oath ?

3) Their citizenship certificate reference number
on my certificate there is certicifate number and reference number
which one she need to use for that question?
help will be much appreciated
thanks
1. British Citizen. It's your choice if you apply for passport or not.
2. Date on certificate. This would be date when you took oath.
3. Certificate Reference number

natty321
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: quick question regarding wifes application

Post by natty321 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:25 pm

cricinfo wrote:
natty321 wrote:i have done the oath and recieved my certificate on the 5th oct 2013 but havnt applied for british passport yet as my wife will need to take my certificate for her appointment with NCS on 21-oct-2013

confused on the following
on question 1.34 for my wife application applying on 3 year basis as a spouse

Partner’s nationality...will she put british ?if i still havent applied for british passport and taken oath and recieved the naturlisation certificate?

2)If your partner is a naturalised British citizen enter date they
were granted this citizenship....
will this date be date of approval or the date of my oath ?

3) Their citizenship certificate reference number
on my certificate there is certicifate number and reference number
which one she need to use for that question?
help will be much appreciated
thanks
1. British Citizen. It's your choice if you apply for passport or not.
2. Date on certificate. This would be date when you took oath.
3. Certificate Reference number
Thank you for quick responce
got the first ....and the second as for third question Certificate Reference number .....there are 2 numbers on my certificate one is certificate number and second is reference number

so which number needs to go there on the form?
thanks

renu
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:43 am

Re: quick question regarding wifes application

Post by renu » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:49 pm

natty321 wrote:i have done the oath and recieved my certificate on the 5th oct 2013 but havnt applied for british passport yet as my wife will need to take my certificate for her appointment with NCS on 21-oct-2013

confused on the following
on question 1.34 for my wife application applying on 3 year basis as a spouse

Partner’s nationality...will she put british ?if i still havent applied for british passport and taken oath and recieved the naturlisation certificate?

2)If your partner is a naturalised British citizen enter date they
were granted this citizenship....
will this date be date of approval or the date of my oath ?

3) Their citizenship certificate reference number
on my certificate there is certicifate number and reference number
which one she need to use for that question?
help will be much appreciated
thanks
I apply on the same route like ur wife,
1. I put my husband's dual nationality( nationality of country birth/british)
2.date u received ur British citizenship certificate...the ceremony date.
3.certificate reference

natty321
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by natty321 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:00 pm

so the reference number from the certificate needs to go on the form not the certificate number itself

cricinfo
Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Post by cricinfo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:00 pm

natty321 wrote:so the reference number from the certificate needs to go on the form not the certificate number?
Yes

natty321
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by natty321 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:03 pm

cricinfo wrote:
natty321 wrote:so the reference number from the certificate needs to go on the form not the certificate number?
Yes
ok....and what abt the patner nationality bit....does she need to put down dual nationality pakistani/british OR just british
thanks

Locked
cron