ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received invitation from council, but nothing from HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mi_kon

Received invitation from council, but nothing from HO

Post by mi_kon » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:29 pm

So I applied for naturalisation in May and last Friday I received an invitation from the council. But nothing from HO - nothing in the spam/junk folder either.

The email from the council said:
Please bring the documents listed below with you on the day. Failure to bring these documents may result in you not being able to receive your naturalisation certificate on the day.

1) A copy of the ‘Home Office Invitation’ letter or email (either printed or digital).

This letter is sent to you from the Home Office and not Hackney Registration Services. If for any reason you have not received your Home Office invitation letter in time for your ceremony, please bring two forms of photographic ID with you on the day instead.
Their website has some more worrying information:
Each new citizen will receive two emails or letters from the Home Office. The first will be informing you of the decision of your application. The second will advise you that you can arrange your ceremony with us. If you haven’t received both, it means we don’t have your naturalisation certificate and can’t offer you a ceremony until we get it.
Should I be worried?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Received invitation from council, but nothing from HO

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:39 pm

Could be the letter was lost of something. Could be also that they have the wrong email for you.

Go to the Council and take 2 forms of IDs with you. Your passport and driving license would do.