ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reconsideration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rosh2018
Newly Registered

Reconsideration

Post by Rosh2018 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:12 pm

hi my bc got rejected because of overstay, I don't want to apply for reconsideration now, HO advice me to apply by 2021, rather than a fresh application, can I do the reconsideration by 2021? can someone please advice me on this,

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Reconsideration

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 pm

You will need to reapply in 2021 and pay the citizenship fees again, as the letter you received states.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rosh2018
Newly Registered

Reconsideration

Post by Rosh2018 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:02 pm

Hi everyone,
I need your advice, my BC application refused 5 months back. I came to UK in 2009 as a student, my student visa expired September 2010, I applied for asylum in November 2010. HO refused it, because I did not prove that how did I managed my expenses during my asylum period, I was given asylum in February 2011. so from October 2010 to February 2011, 4 months. I was staying with a friend during that time, he offered me a room, I had money for my food expenses, this is what I told to HO, but I did not submit any letter from my friend when I applied for BC. now my friend agree to give me the letter. according to HO I should apply after 2021 February which right after 10 years. which means I still got one more year. since my friend agree to give me a letter I thought to apply for a reconsideration. do you think, it is right idea, if yes how can I write a covering letter and letter from my friend,please kindly advise me on this,

Thank you