ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee ‘Acceptable professional persons’ Clarification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bubblesoup
Newly Registered

Referee ‘Acceptable professional persons’ Clarification

Post by bubblesoup » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:40 pm

Dear Experts,

My wife is applying for the citizenship and we are getting a bit confused by the 'acceptable professional persons' list for referees.

Could our friend who is a UK citizen software engineer with a masters degree be a referee? I don't see software engineers on the list.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... als_v4.pdf

bubblesoup
Newly Registered

Re: Referee ‘Acceptable professional persons’ Clarification

Post by bubblesoup » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:47 pm

The other question that we are having trouble finding an answer for is do both the referees have to be UK citizens?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee ‘Acceptable professional persons’ Clarification

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:08 pm

She needs TWO referees.

One must be a professional of any nationality, ie. someone professional on the list. By professional, they mean someone who is registered with the regulatory body for example and Optometrists would be registered with the General Optical Council, a solicitor would be registered with the Solicitors Regulatory Authority, a mechanical Engineer would be registered with Institute of Mechanical Engineers and the Engineering Council.

Professional in this sense does not mean simply having a degree.

The second referee must be British and over the age of 25.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.