ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee Job Title for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thecoolguy1984
Newly Registered
India

Sabbatical from work

Post by thecoolguy1984 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:31 am

Hi All

I am an Indian passport holder and have secured my ILR in Nov 2018.
I am due to apply for naturalisation in Nov 2019.
I have recently resigned from my full time job as I am planning to take a work break for few (2-3) months due to personal reasons.

My question is:

1. Will my work break have any detrimental effect on my naturalisation application?
2. How can i prove that I was lawfully residing in the UK during the period of not working.
3. Do i need to pay national insurance during this period of not working.

Regards
Thecoolguy1984

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sabbatical from work

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:54 am

1. Will my work break have any detrimental effect on my naturalisation application?
No. Employment is not mandatory for citizenship.
2. How can i prove that I was lawfully residing in the UK during the period of not working.
Your passports are all that are required.
3. Do i need to pay national insurance during this period of not working.
Not an immigration or citizenship issues. Speak to HMRC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thecoolguy1984
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation Form Questions

Post by thecoolguy1984 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi All

I am an Indian passport holder and applying for Naturalisation. My route is Tier 4 -> PSW -> Tier 2 -> Tier 2 extension -> ILR (obtained Nov 2018)

I had a few questions. It would be great if we can get some help.

1. Do you have a valid national identity card?
This includes identity cards, issued from non-UK governments. This does not include driving licences. If you have an internal passport, provide the details here.

Can we provide PAN card number from India? or birth certificate from India?

2. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Enter your reference number if known

I have made few back but do not know the reference number for all of those as I have destroyed the BRPs. Can I leave them empty? and Do i need to mention all uk immigration applications i made going back to 2007 made from India

3. When did you first arrive in the UK?
I initially arrived in 2007. Do i mention that? or the one that is more relevant that is 5 years ago?

4. Do we need to mention parking tickets (PCN not FPN) that were already paid? If yes, only in past 12 months? or earlier?

5. Do we need to upload salary slips, P60s etc as the online form does not ask for any?

6. How do we book an appointment with NCS so they can check the documents before I send it?

Regards
Coolguy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Form Questions

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:07 pm

1. Not required. Simply answer you to Id question and you don't need a birth cert. You only need your passport.

2. The question does clearly state IF KNOWN.

3. Depends if you have been resident since 2007 or if you left for a couple of years and then returned.

4. No.

5. No. You are not making an immigration or visa application.

6. There is no NCS anymore and hasn't been since November last year. There is no service to get your documents checked to see if correct and the form checked. You simply fill in the form online, submit and pay and you will be directed to the third party agent to make an appointment for biometric enrolment and identity check. You will need to upload all your documents before your appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thecoolguy1984
Newly Registered
India

Application for Naturalisation

Post by thecoolguy1984 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi

I am filling up the naturalisation form and I am stuck on a question. The question reads

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Now my journey to Naturalisation is Tier 2 ICT-> Tier4-> PSW-> Tier2-> Tier 2exten-> ILR.

Do I need to mention all those previous UK immigration application details?

thecoolguy

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Application for Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:25 pm

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Yes, mention all.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

thecoolguy1984
Newly Registered
India

Referee Job Title for Naturalisation

Post by thecoolguy1984 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:27 pm

Hi All

I am going to apply for my naturalisation application.

I realised that there are restrictions on the job titles on who can be your referee. Can anyone confirm if these two profiles can be my referees.

Referee 1: Over 25, British citizen, Principal consultant in IT industry, known me for 5 years

Referee 2: Over 25, British, IT Consultant, known me for 10 years.

I looked up the list of accepted job titles and could not find consultant in there hence my anxiety

thecoolguy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee Job Title for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:29 pm

Topics merged again!!!

It is not necessary to keep starting new topics for each and every question you have!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:31 pm

thecoolguy1984 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:27 pm
Hi All

I am going to apply for my naturalisation application.

I realised that there are restrictions on the job titles on who can be your referee. Can anyone confirm if these two profiles can be my referees.

Referee 1: Over 25, British citizen, Principal consultant in IT industry, known me for 5 years

Referee 2: Over 25, British, IT Consultant, known me for 10 years.

I looked up the list of accepted job titles and could not find consultant in there hence my anxiety

thecoolguy
You can use a "IT consultant". If you have looked at the list already, then you know what to look for. If you want to use an IT consultant, you can only use one who is a director of a limited company. The post is not a guidance, it is policy!!

Note also, only one referee has to be British. The professional referee can be of any nationality.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

thecoolguy1984
Newly Registered
India

Absences for Naturalisation

Post by thecoolguy1984 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi Guys

In the absences, what does it mean by 5 year qualification period.

Does it mean, 5 years of ILR qualification + 1 year of naturalisation qualification = 6 years of absence history

OR

4 years of ILR qualification + 1 year of naturalisation qualification = 5 years of absence history

Coolguy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:38 pm

It is the 5 years immediately preceding the date of application for citizenship
Char (CR001 not Casa)

thecoolguy1984
Newly Registered
India

Proof of living in the UK

Post by thecoolguy1984 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:13 pm

Hi All

I just submitted the online application for naturalisation. I am in an Indian national and qualified for naturalisation via Tier -2 -> ILR route.

When I downloaded the document checklist there is one item - Proof of living in the UK for MR. <me>.

Now my question is

- What document will qualify for proof of living in UK? P60 for last 5 years? Payslips?
- Is passport sufficient?
- If passport is sufficient do i need to upload all the pages of my passport (both old and new)?

Coolguy

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:16 am

Passport(s): current and past passports covering the period you are documenting. Upload pages with data and stamps in/out.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.