ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee Who is Acceptable.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iqkhanuk

Referee Who is Acceptable.

Post by iqkhanuk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:25 am

Hi I am looking to apply for BC.

looing at the guidance notes section 5 it doesnt mention that referee should know you personally.

There is a question in Referee form How do you know applicant Is it Personal/ Professional or anything can be accepted.

I have collegue who is working with me for more than 3 years happy to be referee but its professional relation not personal relation.

When I downloaded the referee form MN1 it states

Each  referee  should  know  the  applicant  personally.    

I am confused now

Pls help.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee Who is Acceptable.

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:34 am

doesnt mention that referee should know you personally.
It means the referee must know the person. Not know the person in a personal/friend capacity. So any professional referee that knows a person for 3 years can sign as a professional referee.

In the question about how they know you, it is acceptable to write friend or colleague or work colleague of applicant spouse or supervisor etc.

You are overthinking the meaning of 'personally'!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.