ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees for children

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pradbis
Newly Registered

Referees for children

Post by pradbis » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:36 pm

Hello, applying for naturalization as UK citizen for my children. As you know, one of the referees needs to be someone who knows them in a professional capacity e.g. teacher, etc. I am having difficulty with the fact that teachers are happy to sign the reference form but not comfortable sharing their address, passport number and other personal details. I imagine it will be the same for doctors. How have people dealt with this problem if they don't have good personal relationships with such professionals?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Prad

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referees for children

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:54 pm

UKVI are aware of issues around professional referees for children. Policy guidance states, page 10 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ionals.pdf:
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with
the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social
worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a
professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted
to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult
applications
Presumably a summary of your experience trying to get professionals to be referees should be suffcient.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

pradbis
Newly Registered

Re: Referees for children

Post by pradbis » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:04 pm

Thanks