ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refree confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marshal8732

Application help

Post by marshal8732 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:27 pm

Hi

I’m due to apply for my naturalisation next month and have few concerns that need addressing please.

1. I was caught speeding and was given speed awareness course which was paid and done.

2. In 2014 I formed a company was only director receiving salary every month. In April 2019 I stopped my Payrol and didn’t receive any salary as director from the company and just remain as director of the company. In September 2019 I found employment elsewhere and been in this employment til now.

My concern is due I need to mention my speed awareness course on the application form.

Also for my employment that I had gap between April to September due I need to show employed as director regardless if I receive and salary or not.

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Application help

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:23 pm

marshal8732 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:27 pm
1. I was caught speeding and was given speed awareness course which was paid and done.
As far as I know these don't need to be disclosed anywhere, if you opt for the course the offence will not be recorded against you (personally I didn't mention one I had some years before my application).
2. In 2014 I formed a company was only director receiving salary every month. In April 2019 I stopped my Payrol and didn’t receive any salary as director from the company and just remain as director of the company. In September 2019 I found employment elsewhere and been in this employment til now.
There's no longer a requirement to disclose the employment history, only current employment. If you are still employed as Director then disclose that as well. There are no financial requirements for naturalisation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

marshal8732

Post by marshal8732 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:39 pm

Thank you for your reply.

When you say there is no longer requirement to post any previous employment history what you mean by that please. As I know that 10 yrs of work history is required in the application form.

Has the requirements been changed recently.

Also if I mention that I’m still a director or due I need to mention director with out pay, does it have to be on cover letter or extra information section in application form.

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:44 pm

marshal8732 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:39 pm

When you say there is no longer requirement to post any previous employment history what you mean by that please. As I know that 10 yrs of work history is required in the application form.

Has the requirements been changed recently. Yes - this requirement was dropped as part of changes that came into force on 28 June 2022, following the new Borders & Immigration Act. It won't be requested on the online application.

Also if I mention that I’m still a director or due I need to mention director with out pay, does it have to be on cover letter or extra information section in application form. You don't need to disclose whether paid or not, which applies to any employment. If you can't declare it in parralel with your other employment attach a note explaining.

Thank you
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

marshal8732

Post by marshal8732 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:59 pm

Can you be able to provide me with link we’re you read that employment history a no longer required for naturalisation.

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:11 pm

marshal8732 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:59 pm

Can you be able to provide me with link we’re you read that employment history a no longer required for naturalisation.

Thank you
First of all, if something is not required it won't be asked for on any application form, online or paper. You can have a look at the paper form, page 10, it only asks for "current employment": https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6-2022.pdf - note the update date.
Secondly, the act itself doesn't spell out every change, it only provides the framework and ministers enact changes as they are authorised to do, the major change for example was dropping the CSI requirement for EU citizens. If you wish to look through the act: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/20 ... ts/enacted

marshal8732

Refree confusion

Post by marshal8732 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:50 pm

Hi
I recently applied for Naturalisation.

As for referee I have mentioned General manager with a non English passport.

As for the other is director of company with British passport.

I am not sure was i suppose to mention manger of limited company in the description for the first refree or is it ok.

Should I clear this in covering letter as I haven’t uploaded the documents yet.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Refree confusion

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:03 pm

Sorry I don't understand - which referee is a director fo a limited company?

As your first referee is not British, they need to be a recognised professional (I don't think general manager is among the official list of accepted professions)

So if your first referee is director of a limited company I would mention it in the cover letter as that is among the accepted professions.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

marshal8732

Post by marshal8732 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:02 pm

Hi

First refree is a British National a director of a company.

Second refree is a cyprian National working as manager in a limited company.

Is that ok?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:14 pm

Unfortunately the second referee doesn't work in a profession on the approved list (page 25 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ionals.pdf) nor do they have British citizenship and over the age of 25, so they aren't suitable.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

marshal8732

Post by marshal8732 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:15 am

Hi

In the refree list it says manager of limited company.

That’s what my refree is.

Is that suitable?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:02 pm

No - the list says director of limited company, not manager. Being a manager is not enough.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:16 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:02 pm
No - the list says director of limited company, not manager. Being a manager is not enough.
The list does clearly state manager or personnel officer of a limited company!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:05 pm

My mistake then - I only saw "director". Apologies.

marshal8732

Post by marshal8732 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:50 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:44 pm
marshal8732 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:39 pm

Has the requirements been changed recently. Yes - this requirement was dropped as part of changes that came into force on 28 June 2022, following the new Borders & Immigration Act. It won't be requested on the online application.

Also if I mention that I’m still a director or due I need to mention director with out pay, does it have to be on cover letter or extra information section in application form. You don't need to disclose whether paid or not, which applies to any employment. If you can't declare it in parralel with your other employment attach a note explaining.

Thank you

Hi
I have applied via a solicitor and have been told I don’t need to mention about the director in another company, just mention one paid current employment.