ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refree

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

soovan
Newly Registered
India

Citizenship form queries

Post by soovan » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:13 pm

Hi
I got my ILR last year in Jan through Tier 2 route. I am going to apply for citizenship with my wife and kids soon.
1. For previous visa history questions do I list all my visas starting from the very first one when I applied in my home country to enter UK till the final one when I applied for ILR last year
2. I am currently employed by umbrella company on inside ir35 contact. Should i list myself an employee because I get weekly pay slips from this company
3. I also started my own company in 2022 and have a contract through that as well. Should I list this as well as there is place to put only one
4. My wife has a company but it is dormant now so she is not employed. Should I list her as not employed or director
5. Where can I find the form which I send to my refrees for their signature [

Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship form queries

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:23 am

soovan wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:13 pm
Hi
I got my ILR last year in Jan through Tier 2 route. I am going to apply for citizenship with my wife and kids soon.
1. For previous visa history questions do I list all my visas starting from the very first one when I applied in my home country to enter UK till the final one when I applied for ILR last year Yes - all visas.
2. I am currently employed by umbrella company on inside ir35 contact. Should i list myself an employee because I get weekly pay slips from this company I think yes as that company employs you.
3. I also started my own company in 2022 and have a contract through that as well. Should I list this as well as there is place to put only one You can explain this on a separate covering note and load with your other documenys.
4. My wife has a company but it is dormant now so she is not employed. Should I list her as not employed or director Not sure on this, but shouldn't be an issue either way.
5. Where can I find the form which I send to my refrees for their signature You should be able to download the format at the end of the application, however you can do it here as well: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

soovan
Newly Registered
India

Refree

Post by soovan » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:15 am

Can my friend who is Director of a limited company and a British citizen act as a professional refree for me and my wife and kids.
I tried the dentist and teachers for my daughters but they didnt provide the required details.
For non professional we are using a family friend who is british citizen.
In the job section do we just provide details of our most current job.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Refree

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:22 am

soovan wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:15 am
Can my friend who is Director of a limited company and a British citizen act as a professional refree for me and my wife and kids.
I tried the dentist and teachers for my daughters but they didnt provide the required details.
Yes, as long as he knows wife and children. UKVI are aware of the issues around child referees - add a covering note explaining that teacher/dentist didn't help.
In the job section do we just provide details of our most current job.
Yes - there's no requirement for work/job history.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

soovan
Newly Registered
India

Post by soovan » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:22 pm

Do I scan the refree form with my picture attached https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk.. mn1.pdf to my refree and then ask them to sign it, scan and email back to me or are original signatures required.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:34 am

soovan wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:22 pm
Do I scan the refree form with my picture attached https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk.. mn1.pdf to my refree and then ask them to sign it, scan and email back to me or are original signatures required.
Yes, they can send you a scan. You don't have to submit originals.

soovan
Newly Registered
India

Post by soovan » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:54 am

Thanks a lot for your replies.
Can I use hindu temple priest as a professional refree for my wife and kids.
If home office is not satisfied with your refree do they reject application or ask you to send new refree detail.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:34 am

soovan wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:54 am
If home office is not satisfied with your refree do they reject application or ask you to send new refree detail.
AFAIK not straight refusal, you will be requested to provide new referee details.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:39 pm

soovan wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:54 am
“Minister of Religion “ is on the list of accepted professions. As advised UKVI would ask for another referee if necessary.

soovan
Newly Registered
India

Post by soovan » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:19 pm

Thanks again for the replies.
In the list of supporting document there is one which says letter of consent from parents for my daughters. What is this consent about and where can I find the template for this document.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:26 pm

soovan wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:19 pm
In the list of supporting document there is one which says letter of consent from parents for my daughters. What is this consent about and where can I find the template for this document.
A simple letter stating that you as parent consent to the application to be processed.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:11 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:26 pm
soovan wrote:
A simple letter stating that you as parent consent to the application to be processed.
Note this is consent of the parents for their child to apply for registration (the child is the applicant - not the parents).
See here for a simple template - copy and fill out - upload with the other documents:
british-citizenship/child-s-parents-con ... t#p2013977

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:18 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:11 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:26 pm
soovan wrote:
Note this is consent of the parents for their child to apply for registration (the child is the applicant - not the parents). Yes, referring to the child as the applicant
See here for a simple template - copy and fill out - upload with the other documents:
british-citizenship/child-s-parents-con ... t#p2013977

soovan
Newly Registered
India

Post by soovan » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:09 pm

Thanks a lot both. Can an applicant change a refree once application has been filed.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:05 pm

soovan wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:09 pm
Thanks a lot both. Can an applicant change a refree once application has been filed.
Not that we know… why would you want to change referee?

soovan
Newly Registered
India

Post by soovan » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:43 pm

Thanks. No specific reason for asking this. I am going to keep both my referee.

soovan
Newly Registered
India

Post by soovan » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:35 pm

I uploaded documents at Sopra Steria website and also booked an appointment. A friend told me biometric appointment is not required for citizenship applications and only documents have to be uploaded. Do I need to cancel my appointment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:22 am

Stop listening to friends.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:50 pm

soovan wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:35 pm
I uploaded documents at Sopra Steria website and also booked an appointment. A friend told me biometric appointment is not required for citizenship applications and only documents have to be uploaded. Do I need to cancel my appointment. No dont cancel, you need to attend the biometrics appointment.

soovan
Newly Registered
India

Post by soovan » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:44 pm

Thanks for your response. Once UKVCAS submits documents to UKVI how long does processing take on average. Are refrees contacted as part of the process.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:49 am

soovan wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:44 pm
Thanks for your response. Once UKVCAS submits documents to UKVI how long does processing take on average. Are refrees contacted as part of the process.
Can take up to 6 months. Check members post time line threads.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:18 am

soovan wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:44 pm
Referees are generally not contacted.

soovan
Newly Registered
India

Post by soovan » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:44 pm

Hi
I had my biometric but was guiding a friend to fill the naturalisation form. There is a question when filling childs form

Are either of the parents of the child applying as a british citizen applying for naturalisation as a british citizen on an AN form

I had entered No for my children as wife and I are not british citizens.

My friend and spouse are also not british but I want to be sure this is the correct option to be selected. Can anyone explain what this question means

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:35 am

soovan wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:44 pm
Hi
I had my biometric but was guiding a friend to fill the naturalisation form. There is a question when filling childs form

Are either of the parents of the child applying as a british citizen applying for naturalisation as a british citizen on an AN form

I had entered No for my children as wife and I are not british citizens.

My friend and spouse are also not british but I want to be sure this is the correct option to be selected. Can anyone explain what this question means
The question is asking if either of the parent is applying for naturalisation as British at same time child is applying.