ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering a child under 18 as British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zalmaizamani
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Registering a child under 18 as British citizen

Post by zalmaizamani » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:20 pm

Dear all

I am a non-EAA or non-EU National with refugee ILR status in the UK, have routed the 5 years residency and 12 months after ILR, I want to apply for British citizenship and naturalisation.

But I have children can I apply for them to register it as a child under 18 for a British citizen, some of them are born outside the UK while I was not settled or granted ILR and some inside UK before I was granted ILR, but all the children having ILR same as mine we lived for 12 months with ILR in the UK without any days away from the UK

But there are 2 issue
• My daughter was born in the UK before I was granted ILR on 14 March 2017 where Home office granted her refugee status in line with my refugee status, with the same expiry date as mine leave expiry date of 18 August 2020, and when I applied for ILR the Home office granted her the same ILR as mine in 24 09 2020 We all lived in the UK for 12 months after granting this ILR without any days away from the UK, now can I apply for them along with my naturalisation application according to the rule of Registration of a Child under 18 as a British citizen? Or should I apply separately

• I have other children under the age of 18, they are born outside of the UK before my settlement or granting ILR in the UK, they came to the UK on 18 January 2016 under family reunion visa with the same 5-year visa route expiry on 18 August 2020, they are granted ILR in 24 09 2020 same as mine.
• The question is can I apply now for them together with my application as per the rule of Registration of a Child under 18 as a British citizen or should I apply separately
• What is the eligibility requirements for registration of a child aged under 18 born in the UK or outside the UK to parents not settled or not a British citizen?

Looking for your kind reply

Many thanks and best wishes