ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration Certificate correction processing time

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alien2017

Registration Certificate correction processing time

Post by Alien2017 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi, does anybody know roughly how long will take for a registration certificate to be corrected and sent back? Passport office will sent my daughter's certificate back as has a number printed that shouldn't be there and we have to send it back to Home office. I wonder if anybody has done this and how long it took?

Alien2017

Re: Registration Certificate amendment processing time

Post by Alien2017 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 am

I have found some posts on the forum regarding waiting times for amendments but nothing recently, they are from 2 years ago and longer, and vary, I was wondering if anybody had to resend it recently. It's a bit frustrating as it's not a mistake in the name or anything, looks that they have included a number that shouldn't be in a child's certificate, I am still waiting for the documents to come back from the passport office and the passport application will remain open on hold they said.

Alien2017

Re: Registration Certificate correction processing time

Post by Alien2017 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:19 am

So we have finally received the letter from Passport Office regarding the amendment on the registration certificate, looks that on our daughter's certificate says issued under section 1 (3A) which my understanding is that it;s for children born in UK, instead of section 3 (1) as she was born abroad although the place of birth is correct on the registration certificate.
Sent it back now hope won't take months to get it corrected. :(

Alien2017

Re: Registration Certificate correction processing time

Post by Alien2017 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:28 pm

Finally we got the certificate back, took about 4 and a half weeks. In case somebody is looking into a time frame.