ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

federton
Newly Registered
Italy

Requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013

Post by federton » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I am an Italian citizen living in the UK since 2013.
I applied for and received my PR in February 2018. I will apply for naturalisation in February 2019.
I started completing the online application form but i am stuck in one question (see below)

Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013? (Required)

Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application.

Do I have to reply yes or no to this question?

Many thanks!

secret.simon

Re: Requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:49 am

If you applied for and got a DCPR, then you will not have given an English language test or a LITUK test as a part of that application. Both of them are a requirement for naturalisation.

So, you should reply "No" to that question.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

federton
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013

Post by federton » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 pm

Thank you very much for the quick reply!