ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to UK and Naturalisation..!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ansum62
Newly Registered

Returning to UK and Naturalisation..!

Post by Ansum62 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:36 am

Hi everyone...

I would like to have an advice and guidance for my situation..

I came to UK 24 February 2015 on a Spouse Visa as I was married to a British Citizen. But life wasn't pleasant so I separated and applied to ILR on the basis of Domestic Violence.

Home Office granted me ILR on 18 October 2018.

As my mom was not well I came to my country on 21 February 2020 with a return ticket dated 21 March 2020
( As only One month Leave given by the company).

Things changed .. Chorona virus made me Stuck in my country untill today.. My Question is:

Can I return to UK in January 2022 ?
After return, Can I apply for Naturalisation ?

Advance Thanks to all who advice..!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Returning to UK and Naturalisation..!

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:11 am

Can I return to UK in January 2022 ?
After return, Can I apply for Naturalisation ?
Yes you can return, provided your ILR has not been lost due to 2 years absence (it is automatically lost).

Probably not possible to apply for citizenship as you will fail to meet both absence limit requirements (450 days in the last 5 years and 90 days in the last 12 months before applying).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.