ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode / certification of entitlement PLEASE HELP!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Moon_Khan

Re: Right of Abode / certification of entitlement PLEASE HEL

Post by Moon_Khan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Hi All,

Please anyone can reply,i filled the right of abode application form and submitted and pay the fee online ,slightly worried about the declaration sign, i am appyling for my daughter and she is 6 months old and my wife she will submit the application form in paksitan and i think she will sign the form.please correct me if i am wrong.

regards

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:32 pm

And also please did you submit any tenancy agreement with application,i say yes to the question asked about are you staying at private address in the uk?.
I am a private tenant here in uk,

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:12 pm

Please anyone can reply i am desperate.

zee09

Post by zee09 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:36 am

hi

i need to apply for my son in january. wakas can you please share you list of documents that took 8 days please?
Applied Online: 11th August 2014 (CAT A first app)
Applied in Lahore VAC: 20th August 2014
Current Status: Not yet assessed by ECO.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:44 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

arash_uk

Post by arash_uk » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:52 pm

vinny wrote:If child's father was born in the UK, then yes.
Even if the father was not born in the UK she is eligible if the father was a British Citizen before her birth. It is from ROA application form:

Father or mother born, registered, naturalised or adopted in the UK before your birth, which occurred outside the UK on or after 01 Jan 1983

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:10 pm

The father should be British otherwise than by descent (unless the father was in the crown service, recruited in the UK, etc.), as the child was not born in the UK.

Else, if father was British by descent, then child might not be British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

sakz123
Newly Registered

Post by sakz123 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Salaam sis, did you take your daughter to the visa application centre? for that matter did any of you take your little ones to the visa appliation centre?

sakz123
Newly Registered

Post by sakz123 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:39 pm

lynxukauq wrote:To be honest, when I applied at the time this BETA version was not LIVE, I would assume since this in beta version and not a final version, anything that is not relevant to you just mark it as N/A.
After the first question of nationality which I put down as british citizen, the second question was "are you a national of the country in which are you are applying?" Do I put yes as daughter has a Pakistani passport?
Yes
Second question is "are you travelling with anyone?" I have put my details down as I am the mother and a 5 month old can't travel on her own and she will be travelling with me. However when putting my details in it asked "does this person have a valid uk visa?" The options are yes/no/not required however my spouse visa is still being processed so what shall I put yes?
I would put your spouse details since you don't have any visa yet in this section
Third question is regarding employment obviously all questions where £0 as baby doesn't work etc however it asked "is anyone else paying the costs etc?" I have put yes and the cost of a one way ticket which is approx £300 is this correct?
Yes that seems reasonable
Fourth question is "do you have any family or friends in the uk?" Do I put down her grandparents (my inlaws) details and her father who is british born or do I say no and leave this section?
Yes put down your inlaw and husband details
Lastly which carries on from the above no 4 question, the application asked "are you living at a private address in the uk?" We will be staying with my inlaws as my husband is an only child and they live together. Housing immigration report which went with my gerry spouse application has both mine and daughters information written on it and was stated there is enough room etc so shall I put down my inlaws details as the relationship box does not have father listed only grandparents etc?
Yes this should be fine

Salaam, did you take your little one to the visa application centre?

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:33 pm

sakz123 wrote:
lynxukauq wrote:To be honest, when I applied at the time this BETA version was not LIVE, I would assume since this in beta version and not a final version, anything that is not relevant to you just mark it as N/A.
After the first question of nationality which I put down as british citizen, the second question was "are you a national of the country in which are you are applying?" Do I put yes as daughter has a Pakistani passport?
Yes
Second question is "are you travelling with anyone?" I have put my details down as I am the mother and a 5 month old can't travel on her own and she will be travelling with me. However when putting my details in it asked "does this person have a valid uk visa?" The options are yes/no/not required however my spouse visa is still being processed so what shall I put yes?
I would put your spouse details since you don't have any visa yet in this section
Third question is regarding employment obviously all questions where £0 as baby doesn't work etc however it asked "is anyone else paying the costs etc?" I have put yes and the cost of a one way ticket which is approx £300 is this correct?
Yes that seems reasonable
Fourth question is "do you have any family or friends in the uk?" Do I put down her grandparents (my inlaws) details and her father who is british born or do I say no and leave this section?
Yes put down your inlaw and husband details
Lastly which carries on from the above no 4 question, the application asked "are you living at a private address in the uk?" We will be staying with my inlaws as my husband is an only child and they live together. Housing immigration report which went with my gerry spouse application has both mine and daughters information written on it and was stated there is enough room etc so shall I put down my inlaws details as the relationship box does not have father listed only grandparents etc?
Yes this should be fine

Salaam, did you take your little one to the visa application centre?
Yes as her photo is taken which is printed onto the certificate of entitlement
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:36 pm

zee09 wrote:hi

i need to apply for my son in january. wakas can you please share you list of documents that took 8 days please?
Hi sorry for late reply it's better to PM me.

I included all the requested documents as vinny has noted also included driving license, UK bills, cover letter which Lynx has provided. Hospital documents for the birth and pre birth baby scans etc. Also photos of the little one and all us together :) basically as much proof as possible. For example they ask for a copy of the british passport of parent I included a copy of every page also included wifes documents such as Id card, full copy of her passport etc marriage certificate and translations aswell im sure you guys get my drift lol
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:19 pm

Hello, Fellow Immigration boarders / Gurus,

My wife and I are both naturalized citizens. Our daughter was born in Pakistan last month. I want to apply for Right of Abode on her Pakistani passport as that is quicker than applying for a British passport. Nationality do I state Pakistan or British. I mean my daughter i British by birth but should I put Pakistan or British as nationality?

Also, has anyone else been successful in applying for Right of Abode as when I go to Create an Application it states that only Visit, Marriage or Fiance visa applications are being accepted online.

Thank you very much for you assistance!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:48 am

chosenaik wrote:Nationality do I state Pakistan or British. I mean my daughter i British by birth but should I put Pakistan or British as nationality?
As
vinny wrote:Significantly, people born from 1983 have the Right of Abode iff they are British.
ROA4 Basis of a person’s claim to right of abode wrote:The only way to acquire the right of abode since 1 Jan 1983 has been by becoming a British citizen.
It may be in child's best interest to state that child's nationality is also British.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:52 am

chosenaik wrote:Hello, Fellow Immigration boarders / Gurus,

My wife and I are both naturalized citizens. Our daughter was born in Pakistan last month. I want to apply for Right of Abode on her Pakistani passport as that is quicker than applying for a British passport. Nationality do I state Pakistan or British. I mean my daughter i British by birth but should I put Pakistan or British as nationality?

Also, has anyone else been successful in applying for Right of Abode as when I go to Create an Application it states that only Visit, Marriage or Fiance visa applications are being accepted online.

Thank you very much for you assistance!
I believe you will need to select OTHERS > OTHERS > RIGHT OF ABODE

I submitted the following documents.

I submitted following documents.

My Naturalisation Certificate
Copy of my Passport
3 Months Bank Statement
Cover Letter explaining entitlement to ROA
Original Nikah Nama attested by union council as well as Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Original Nadra computerised version of Nikah Nama
Baby's Birth Certificate (Both Hospital as well as Nadra one)
Baby's B form issued by NADRA

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:03 am

Hello Lynx, thank you so much! In the form, I will select "Completing on behalf of some one else", am I correct? As my daughter is only a few months old. Also, in the form where it asks what is you address, and what is your Country of Permanent Residence, should I give my UK address and state UK i.e. this is where my daughter will come an live? Or should I give my Pakistan address and state Pakistan which is where she currently is? We will apply for my daughter's passport once she comes to UK.

Thank you so much! I initially applied for my daughter's visit and I was asked to withdraw the application i.e. as my daughter is entitled to a Long terms stay visit and not a short term. So I really want to make sure no mistakes are made and be able to be with my daughter!

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:30 am

chosenaik wrote:Hello Lynx, thank you so much! In the form, I will select "Completing on behalf of some one else", am I correct? As my daughter is only a few months old. Also, in the form where it asks what is you address, and what is your Country of Permanent Residence, should I give my UK address and state UK i.e. this is where my daughter will come an live? Or should I give my Pakistan address and state Pakistan which is where she currently is? We will apply for my daughter's passport once she comes to UK.

Thank you so much! I initially applied for my daughter's visit and I was asked to withdraw the application i.e. as my daughter is entitled to a Long terms stay visit and not a short term. So I really want to make sure no mistakes are made and be able to be with my daughter!
Yes mention UK Address.

Also Read the required documents are listed in the schedule under "The Immigration (Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in the United Kingdom) Regulations 2006" and enclose it with the template below with your application.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006 ... edule/made

Below is a template for Cover Letter which you must also include.

YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
MOBILE: +44 (0) XXX, EMAIL:

British High Commission
Islamabad
Pakistan

DD Month. YYYY

Dear Sir/Madam

RE: Daughter Name, British National, D.O.B DD Month YYYY
Right of Abode – Certificate of Entitlement

I write this letter in support of my daughter application for the certificate of entitlement to right of abode in the United Kingdom to travel with me to UK at the earliest opportunity.

I am a British citizen and have been living continuously living in the UK since YYYY. Being a resident British national, I confirm that I am the father/mother of Daughter Name. My wife, (DOB DD Month YYYY) gave birth to our daughter, Daughter Name, in City Name on DD Month YYYY.

My daughter is claiming British citizenship through me as he/she has acquired British citizenship by descent under Section 2(1)(a) of British Nationality Act 1981. I have enclosed original copy of my Naturalisation Certificate proving my British Citizenship and also a copy of my British Passport (Passport No.: xxxx)

I will be funding my daughter trip to UK once she is granted Right of Abode. I have enclosed my bank statement covering last three month showing that I have enough funds to cover the cost of his/her trip.

I have referred extensively to your “Right of abode supporting document guidance” and have enclosed all the evidence as specified under “The Immigration (Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in the United Kingdom) Regulations 2006”. (Copy enclosed)

I trust you will give my daughter’s application a favourable and early consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Mother’s/Father’s Name (Delete as Appropriate)
Enc.
Applicant original passport
Applicant original birth certificate & B-form
Applicant Father Original Naturalisation certificate
Copy of applicant’s Father British Passport
Copy of applicant’s Mother Passport
Applicant Parent marriage certificate (Nikah Naama)
Applicant Father/Mother bank statement (3 months) (Delete as appropriate)

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Hello Lynx, thank you for your response. The next question asks "How long have you lived at this address?". My daughter was born in Pakistan and so has never lived in UK. So how should I handle this. How did you answer this question?

Also, it asks whom is your parent / guardina in your home country? So again if I state UK as Home Country, she has never actually lived there (she is only a few months old).

Thank you very much.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:21 pm

Those questions do not seem to be at all relevant to her Right of Abode as a British citizen.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:59 am

Hi Vinny, I agree with you, however tehse questions are as per the Vis4UK website, i.e. the Right of Abode (RoA) application form requires these questions to be asked. I was hoping to get some guidance so that I could correctly fill in the form.

Any assistance from those whom have filled in a RoA form will be much appreciated!

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:57 am

visa4uk website is still in BETA version so most of the questions will not be relevant.

You will need to use logic and chose the most appropriate answer and write N/A where the information is not relevant.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:35 am

Hello, is there anyone that has recently completed / is completing the online for for Right of Abode? I wanted to check my answers to ensure that I am filling in the form correctly. Thank you very much!

alisunny

Post by alisunny » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:06 am

humawakas2014 wrote:
lynxukauq wrote:You will have to select OTHER > OTHER > ROA to see that option.
Yes the child nationality will be British when filling the form.

Also you dont have to surrender Pakistani passport as Pakistan allows dual nationality.

Here is List of Documents that I included for my daughter application
My Naturalisation Certificate (In your case, it will be your husband Birth Certificate)
Copy of my Passport
3 Months Bank Statement (this was to show that I have funds to cover the cost of plane trip for my dauther)
Cover Letter explaining entitlement to ROA
Original Nikah Nama ( Mine was attested by union council as well as Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Original Nadra computerised version of Nikah Nama
Baby's Birth Certificate (Both Hospital as well as Nadra one)
Baby's B form issued by NADRA (This was in urdu, I did not get it translated in English)

Hope this helps.

If you need any more info,let me know
OMG! Lynx thank you so much! That has been tremendous help! I was hoping for you to come online as you have personally done the process yourself from lahore. I will be doing it from mirpur :) hopefully the response is quick and I keep you all updated

Hello Dear.
im in the same situation know.
we need to do TB test for him>?
i fill all application ROB just confused about TB ?

looking forward hearing from you