ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RoA CoE for a British citizen child born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hima02
Newly Registered

RoA CoE for a British citizen child born in India

Post by Hima02 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi,

Documents for Right to abode for my 4 months baby from India

As per the document list, Also please mention the timelines from the date of application if anyone applied recently.

(i)Applicant’s full birth certificate showing parents’ details;

(ii)Parents’ marriage certificate (if claiming through father and applicant born before 1 July 2006); and

(iii)Parents’ full birth certificate, registration or naturalization certificate

For Parents’ full birth certificate, registration or naturalization certificate, I do not have a birth certificate. Am I supposed to produce a notarized document.

As my husband is naturalized British citizen, his naturalization certificate must be fine.

And I would like to know if a covering letter, invitation letter, financial documents are required along with this application.

It would be very helpful if anyone could please guide me.

Many Thanks
Bindu

geriatrix

Re: Right to Abode for Baby born in India for British citize

Post by geriatrix » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

lappi831

Post by lappi831 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi ,
We had got ROA For her daughter who was born in India.It took 1 year as it was rejected from chennai &
I have appealed against the decision ,won the case. Vinny is the best adviser.Provide covering letter with this information & Also Take the print out of this Immigration 2006 act .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As per the Immigration 2006 no.3145 document I have applied for Right of abode for my daughter .
Immigration (Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in the United Kingdom) Regulations 2006 says that an
Applicant was born outside the United Kingdom and the Falkland Islands on or after 1st January 1983, or outside the United Kingdom and any qualifying British overseas territory on or after 21st May 2002, to a parent born in the United Kingdom or the Falkland Islands (or, on/after 21 May 2002, any qualifying British overseas territory) or to a parent registered or naturalised in the United Kingdom prior to the applicant’s birth.
We have submitted the following supporting document:
(i)Applicant’s full birth certificate showing parents’ details
(ii)Parents’ marriage certificate (if claiming through father)
(iii)Parents’ full birth certificate, registration or naturalisation certificate Father)
As mentioned above we have submitted all the documents for ROA .
The child is British by descent as the Father is British Citizen (Naturalised) & according to the Immigration rule
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

regards,
Harry

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:53 am

Thanks a lot Harry. That was a very important piece of information.

I am still not sure of parents' birth certificate. My husband has his naturalization certificate. I am an ILR holder. What do I provide for my birth certificate. Isn't my passport sufficient.

Any help would be grateful.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:43 pm

Hima02 wrote:Thanks a lot Harry. That was a very important piece of information.

I am still not sure of parents' birth certificate. My husband has his naturalization certificate. I am an ILR holder. What do I provide for my birth certificate. Isn't my passport sufficient.

You just need to submit your husband Naturalisation Certificate and your Passport with ILR documents, that would suffice.

Make sure you write a good cover letter explaining about the law for the entitlement of ROA.

I did posted a template about a year ago on the forum so others can benefit, as other people were granted ROA successfully.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi all,
I would like to thank everyone who helped me with their suggestions for my baby's ROA application.
My application was successful and got my baby's ROA in just 1 week. In 3 working days my baby's application was processed.

Timeline for the application was:

Submitted: 29/12/2015
Received at Chennai British high commission: 31/12/2015
Application processed and dispatched: 6/1/2016 (received an email)
Received at my place: 8/1/2016

Documents I submitted were:
1. Baby's birth certificate
2. Father's Naturalization certificate
3. Mother's passport and ILR photocopy
4. Mother's Affidavit for birth certificate and 10th class certificate (as I din't have my bc)
5. Father's passport photocopy
6. Father's employer letter, payslips & bank statements
6. Cover letter by father, mother and self
7. TB certificate

I hope this information would help anyone applying for the same.

I thank everyone ones again for their timely help.

Best regards,
Hima

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi Hima,

I'm about to apply for ROA for my child born in India. Father British citizen before child is born and mother ILR before child is born.

could you please let me know which documents did you submitted originals and which ones are certified copies and which are phot copies ?

Plz help me..

Thanks in advance.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Hima02 wrote:Hi all,
I would like to thank everyone who helped me with their suggestions for my baby's ROA application.
My application was successful and got my baby's ROA in just 1 week. In 3 working days my baby's application was processed.

Timeline for the application was:

Submitted: 29/12/2015
Received at Chennai British high commission: 31/12/2015
Application processed and dispatched: 6/1/2016 (received an email)
Received at my place: 8/1/2016

4. Mother's Affidavit for birth certificate and 10th class certificate (as I din't have my bc)
7. TB certificate

I hope this information would help anyone applying for the same.

I thank everyone ones again for their timely help.

Best regards,
Hima
Hi Hima02

"Mother's Affidavit for birth certificate and 10th class certificate (as I din't have my bc)"

My wife has her passport and 10th class certificate.

Where can she get this affidavit for her birth certificate in India ?

Also please let me know which of the above documents you submitted were original ?
Please help me.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Somebody please help me with list of documents to apply for ROA COE for my child in India , born in India:

7. TB certificate

Is mother's birth certificate essential ? Or Father's naturalization certificate sufficient ?

My wife will be submitting the application in Hyderabad for my child.

My wife will carry all originals and photo copies, certified copies of my passport & naturalization certificate with her.

Which originals should we submit along with application ?

Because I don't want to loose these original documents missing by BHC ?

Can we just show originals and only submit certified copies and photo copies ?

Which documents should be submitted in origianl ?

Please help me. Please.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi Hima02,

"Mother's Affidavit for birth certificate and 10th class certificate (as I din't have my bc)"

Is there any template for this affidavit ? If so could you please share it with me ?
Alsi is it sufficient to get notarised by a lawyer in India or some specific affidavit to be sworn ?

Where did you got this affidavit and where did you sworn it ?

Please reply. Please help me.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:58 pm

lynxukauq wrote:
Hima02 wrote:Thanks a lot Harry. That was a very important piece of information.

You just need to submit your husband Naturalisation Certificate and your Passport with ILR documents, that would suffice.

Make sure you write a good cover letter explaining about the law for the entitlement of ROA.

I did posted a template about a year ago on the forum so others can benefit, as other people were granted ROA successfully.
Hi lynxukauq,

Could you please share the link for the template of covering letter ?

Also could you please let me know if my wife has to carry birth certificate from hospital and birth certificate from municipality (meeSeva) or just the birth certificate from local municipality is sufficient ?

Also in Hima's list below, which documents should be submitted in original along with application ?

7. TB certificate

Can I submit certified copy of my naturalization certificate and UK passport instead of originals ? I sent my wife certified copies from UK by a notary.

Also as Hima mentioned "Mother's Affidavit for birth certificate and 10th class certificate (as I din't have my bc)" is it mandatory or just father's naturalization certificate is sufficient ?

Please guide me I'm struggling to get a view on any originals that need to be submitted along with the application.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:26 am

naveenk wrote:Somebody please help me with list of documents to apply for ROA COE for my child in India , born in India:

7. TB certificate

Is mother's birth certificate essential ? Or Father's naturalization certificate sufficient ?

My wife will be submitting the application in Hyderabad for my child.

My wife will carry all originals and photo copies, certified copies of my passport & naturalization certificate with her.

Which originals should we submit along with application ?

Because I don't want to loose these original documents missing by BHC ?

Can we just show originals and only submit certified copies and photo copies ?

Which documents should be submitted in origianl ?

Please help me. Please.

Hi Naveenk,

I did mention photocopies where required. For ROA they ask for originals only. Parents' passport and visa photo copies are sufficient.
Naturalization cert, TB , baby's bc originals.
Affidavit will be given at any notary. If her birth was registered at municipal office, then she can get her bc easily. Else u can get an affidavit done. There's no particular format for this, jus try to include all the imp. Points reg bc. Notary guys will also hav any formats.
All ur documents will be safe as far as I know. So need not worry about that. Ya even we were tensed as we did submit so many originals. But nothing to worry. They'l post back all ur documents.
Good luck.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:37 am

Hima02 wrote:

Hi Naveenk,

I did mention photocopies where required. For ROA they ask for originals only. Parents' passport and visa photo copies are sufficient.
Affidavit will be given at any notary. If her birth was registered at municipal office, then she can get her bc easily. Else u can get an affidavit done. There's no particular format for this, jus try to include all the imp. Points reg bc. Notary guys will also hav any formats.
All ur documents will be safe as far as I know. So need not worry about that. Ya even we were tensed as we did submit so many originals. But nothing to worry. They'l post back all ur documents.
Good luck.
Hi Hima02,

Thank you very much for reply.
Is my wife's affidavit mandatory even if I produce original naturalization certificate ?

Also below questions in application form for child ROA. He has Indian passport:

Could you please let me know below answers for child with Indian passport ?
What did you entered for these questions ? It's very important as I have seen in forums some people entering wrong answers for these questions caused their aplication being rejected.

Please help me with answers for these questions. I will be thankful to you all my life.

Passport and Travel Information
1. Nationality - British
2. Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or nationalities? (yes or no) ?
3.Country of Residence (Your permanent Country of residence) - UK or India ?
4. Are you a national of the country in which you are applying?
5. Are you a national of the country in which you are making your visa application?
6. Are you travelling with anyone ? Mother and Father
7. How long do you intend to stay in the UK? (What do I state here) ?
8. On what date do you intend to arrive in the UK (1st March, 2016 unless it needs to be extended)

Personal Details and Travel History
1. What is your permanent residential address and contact details? (India or UK) ?
2. Do you have any dependent children? Are any other children travelling with you? ( 'No')

Family and Friends in the UK

1. Please enter details of what you plan to do whilst in the UK (I will be staying with my parents. Is that correct ?)

How do you qualify for right of abode? -

As per the Immigration 2006 no.3145 document I have applied for Right of abode for my son.
Immigration (Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in the United Kingdom) Regulations 2006 says that an
Applicant was born outside the United Kingdom and the Falkland Islands on or after 1st January 1983, or outside the United Kingdom and any qualifying British overseas territory on or after 21st May 2002, to a parent born in the United Kingdom or the Falkland Islands (or, on/after 21 May 2002, any qualifying British overseas territory) or to a parent registered or naturalized in the United Kingdom prior to the applicant’s birth.

Is above answer OK ?

Under 18
1.Who are you travelling to the UK with? Mother (do we also mention father as I may travel to bring them back)

Visa Confirmation Questions

Do you hold a British Passport or ID card stating you are a British Citizen or British Subject? - No'

Please check the answers and also please let me know the answers for the questions where I didn't put any answers.

Please don't consider this as spoon feeding as it's very important on this application getting accepted in first attempt correctly without any delay.

Please Hima, please check the answers and let me know as you are the only one here who got this application successfully most recently.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Please help me with these questions.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:43 am

Hi Hima,

My marriage certificate is laminated.

Can I still submit it ?

If not, can I skip it ?

(i)Applicant’s full birth certificate showing parents’ details;

(ii)Parents’ marriage certificate (if claiming through father and applicant born before 1 July 2006); and

(iii)Parents’ full birth certificate, registration or naturalization certificate

Seems mariage certificate is required to submit only if applicant is born before 2006.

As my son is born in 2015, can I skip the marriage certificate and submit his birth certificate along with my naturalization certificate ?

Please guide me.

Thanks.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi Hima02,

Could you please help me with above questions ?

Thanks & Regards,
Naveen.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:02 pm

naveenk wrote:Hi Hima02,

Could you please help me with above questions ?

Thanks & Regards,
Naveen.
Hi,

I'm surprised by ur question 'laminated'...is tht a problem..I din't know..all my originals r laminated..
N yes ur MC is mandatory

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi Hima02,

Thanks for reply on marriage certificate. So it's not a problem if my wife submits laminated marriage certificate. Thanks for confirming it :)

Basically I'm in same boat as you were. Me on British citizen and wife on ILR before baby was born.

So I was confused with some of the questions below:

1. Nationality - British
2. Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or nationalities? (yes or no) ?
4. Are you a national of the country in which you are applying? Yes, India (baby has indian passport)
5. Are you a national of the country in which you are making your visa application? Yes, India (baby has indian passport)
7. How long do you intend to stay in the UK? (What do I state here) ? As long as my right of abode is valid. Is this correct ?
8. On what date do you intend to arrive in the UK (1st March, 2016 unless it needs to be extended)

1. What is your permanent residential address and contact details? (India or UK) ?
2. Do you have any dependent children? Are any other children travelling with you? ( 'No')

Could you please let me know what answers to put above questions ?

I know first question answer is British because child is british by descent. But the next questions seem a bit tricky.

Could you please check my answers above and let me know any corrections ?

Thank you very very much for kindly guiding me.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Hima02 wrote:
Hi,

I'm surprised by ur question 'laminated'...is tht a problem..I din't know..all my originals r laminated..
N yes ur MC is mandatory
The reason why asked if MC is mandatory was because in the list of documents you submitted as per above comment, it was not there:

7. TB certificate

But that's fine as long as they accept laminated marriage certificate.

Thanks a lot for clarifying.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:35 pm

naveenk wrote:
Hima02 wrote:

Hi Naveenk,

Good luck.
Hi Hima02,

Thank you very much for reply.
Is my wife's affidavit mandatory even if I produce original naturalization certificate ?

Also below questions in application form for child ROA. He has Indian passport:

Could you please let me know below answers for child with Indian passport ?
What did you entered for these questions ? It's very important as I have seen in forums some people entering wrong answers for these questions caused their aplication being rejected.

Please help me with answers for these questions. I will be thankful to you all my life.

1. Nationality - British
4. Are you a national of the country in which you are applying?
5. Are you a national of the country in which you are making your visa application?
7. How long do you intend to stay in the UK? (What do I state here) ?

1. Please enter details of what you plan to do whilst in the UK (I will be staying with my parents. Is that correct ?)

How do you qualify for right of abode? -

As per the Immigration 2006 no.3145 document I have applied for Right of abode for my son.
Applicant was born outside the United Kingdom and the Falkland Islands on or after 1st January 1983, or outside the United Kingdom and any qualifying British overseas territory on or after 21st May 2002, to a parent born in the United Kingdom or the Falkland Islands (or, on/after 21 May 2002, any qualifying British overseas territory) or to a parent registered or naturalized in the United Kingdom prior to the applicant’s birth.

Is above answer OK ?

Under 18
1.Who are you travelling to the UK with? Mother (do we also mention father as I may travel to bring them back)

Do you hold a British Passport or ID card stating you are a British Citizen or British Subject? - No'

Please check the answers and also please let me know the answers for the questions where I didn't put any answers.

Please don't consider this as spoon feeding as it's very important on this application getting accepted in first attempt correctly without any delay.

Please Hima, please check the answers and let me know as you are the only one here who got this application successfully most recently.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Please help me with these questions.

Providing an affidavit or not is upto you. It's not mentioned anywhere.
But as I did not want to take any chance I provided with one and did explain in my cover letter as to why I am not able to provide my original BC.
So it's all your choice.

1. Nationality - British
No, Indian national
(They specify as mentioned in ur travel document, so give Indian only.)

No (India does'nt allow dual citizenship, so mentioning british wud be wrong for ur baby)

India
(No problem in giving Indian address. He's been residing in India since birth. So pls give Indian address only)

4. Are you a national of the country in which you are applying? Yes, India (baby has indian passport)
Yes

5. Are you a national of the country in which you are making your visa application? Yes, India (baby has indian passport)
Yes

Fine

7. How long do you intend to stay in the UK? (What do I state here) ? As long as my right of abode is valid. Is this correct ?
I wrote 3 yrs...
Better give some number, ROA is valid till ur baby's passport expiry.

Fine

India address for both is fine.

No

All answers are fine

Under 18
Anything is fine

Fine

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi Hima02,

Thank you very much for generous help and advice.

I met a solicitor who is a relative of my colleague.
He told me affidavit is not required from my wife as my son is making this application based on me being British citizen before he is born.
But still I told my wife to get the affidavit done and ready for safe side as you mentioned we can't take risk.

The solicitor suggested below documents to be taken along with printed application and appointment letter.
- Father British passport certified copy
- Father naturalization certificate original
- Baby original birth certificate
- Original marriage certificate
- Original TB test certificate
- Certified copies of mother's passport & ILR
- Baby photos
- Cover letter from solicitor saying my child is British by descent and has currently Indian passport and he is entitled to right of abode.

He told me bank statements of father not required as finances don't matter for this application. But still my wife will be taking my original bank statements for last 6 months with her in case VFS ask for them.

We are applying in 3rd week of February and hope everything will be alright.

Solicitor also told me my laminated marriage certificate won't be accepted. Did you submitted laminated marriage certificate when you applied for your daughter's ROA ?. Please let me know.

Thanks & Best Regards.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:34 am

Hi Hima,

Did you submitted laminated marriage certificate when you applied for your daughter's ROA ?

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:57 am

naveenk wrote:Hi Hima,

Did you submitted laminated marriage certificate when you applied for your daughter's ROA ?
My baby's original birth certificate was laminated and my SSC certificate was also laminated. So I don't think a laminated document would be a problem.

naveenk

Post by naveenk » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:17 am

Hi Hima02,

Thanks for the clarification.
My son's birth certificate is the original birth certificate from MeeSeva and we used this birth certificate when we applied for his Indian passport.

When we are applying for ROA, along with this birth certificate, do we have to submit the birth certificate from hospital as well ? Or just original birth certificate from MeeSeva is sufficient ?

Regards.

Hima02
Newly Registered

Post by Hima02 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:31 am

Thanks for the clarification.
My son's birth certificate is the original birth certificate from MeeSeva and we used this birth certificate when we applied for his Indian passport.

When we are applying for ROA, along with this birth certificate, do we have to submit the birth certificate from hospital as well ? Or just original birth certificate from MeeSeva is sufficient ?

Regards.
Original birth certificate from mee-seva is sufficient.

shrikant124

Post by shrikant124 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:24 am

Thank you very much for generous help and advice.

I met a solicitor who is a relative of my colleague.
He told me affidavit is not required from my wife as my son is making this application based on me being British citizen before he is born.
But still I told my wife to get the affidavit done and ready for safe side as you mentioned we can't take risk.

The solicitor suggested below documents to be taken along with printed application and appointment letter.
- Father British passport certified copy
- Father naturalization certificate original
- Baby original birth certificate
- Original marriage certificate
- Original TB test certificate
- Certified copies of mother's passport & ILR
- Baby photos
- Cover letter from solicitor saying my child is British by descent and has currently Indian passport and he is entitled to right of abode.

He told me bank statements of father not required as finances don't matter for this application. But still my wife will be taking my original bank statements for last 6 months with her in case VFS ask for them.

We are applying in 3rd week of February and hope everything will be alright.

Solicitor also told me my laminated marriage certificate won't be accepted. Did you submit laminated marriage certificate when you applied for your daughter's ROA ?. Please let me know.

Thanks & Best Regards.
Hi Naveen,

how your application did go? I'm in the same situation you were and looking to apply for the ROA for my son.

I was planning to apply for Settlement visa but as per senior member from this forum, the application can be refuse as my son is British by descent already.

Please let me know the outcome and your experience so I can build my strong case.

Thanks
Shri