ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second application questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kekhatez
Newly Registered
Poland

Second application questions

Post by kekhatez » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:42 pm

Hello,

I have the ILR "settled status" since I am from Poland and I have already applied for citizenship in January. However having found a couple of mistakes in my application form I have withdrawn my application without submitting any documents and just received the refund.

Now I wanted to apply again but just wanted to make sure everything is correct this time and would appreciate any advice.

Q1 "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?".
  • Should I answer yes or no, considering I have applied and received the settled status as well as I have already applied for citizenship in January but have withdrawn and now I am re-applying?
Q2 "Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"
Q3 "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"
  • I am not sure whether the application for settled status required the proof of knowledge of English . Should I say no to both of these? I wanted to use my Bachelors/Masters degrees as proof of knowledge of English?

I have already put "yes" to Q3 and now changed it to "no" however I am not sure whether any other questions come up after changing my answer since the form allows me to change one question at a time.
Q4 Is there any perfect way to make sure I was here exactly 5 years ago before submitting my application? I was doing my Bachelors and I am not sure whether I already came back from the Easter break or not.

I would appreciate any advice.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Second application questions

Post by manci » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:40 pm

Your EUSS settled status application was an immigration application, so answer Yes to the question

You did not have to prove knowledge of English for the settled status application but will have to do so for the citizenship application. If your degrees have been obtained from a UK university that will be sufficient proof.

You should time your citizenship application so that you can show physical presence in the UK exactly 5 years before the HO receive your application. If you don't your application will be refused. There are various ways of doing this depending on your circumstances but, if you can, the easiest way is to submit a debit or credit card statement showing that you made a purchase in a shop or supermarket the UK on the day in question.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice