ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 3(2) application Return of Document

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Finsbury
Newly Registered
Canada

Section 3(2) application Return of Document

Post by Finsbury » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:11 pm

I have applied to register my daughter as a British Citizen under Section 3(2). I am applying from Canada. I submitted the online application on October 15, 2019 and the documents were received on November 1, 2019 (according to the courier confirmation, I have not received any communication from the Home Office or an invitation to register biometrics).

I am hoping to travel with my daughter in February 2020 but her Canadian passport was included in the package sent to the UKVI.

Is it possible to get her passport returned? All the information online about document return pertains to applications made inside the UK (which this was not). I have tried contacting UK Visas and Immigration which said they could not help because it was citizenship, not visa related. They referred me to the nationality enquiries email and phone number -- my email is so far unanswered and the phone number has not connected me to a real person -- it just says they can't help unless the application is more than 6 months old.

Is it really normal that they hold passports for six months for this type of registration and there is no way to get it back?? Should I have at least been contacted about biometrics by now?