ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement ..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rozendeva
Newly Registered

Settlement ..

Post by rozendeva » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:27 am

I got my ILR yesterday, under the HSMP Judicial Review terms. My questions are :

1- I completed my 4 years in October 2009. but applied for ILR yesterday and got it as well . Will I be able to get the passport in October 2010... or will i have to wait until january 28th next year?

Please note that I was given a letter along with my passport that suggests tht I was eligible for ILR in october 2009. They told me to send this letter along with my application for the passport when the time comes.

2- Will I have to give Life in the UK test before applying for nationality or am I exempted ?

Many thanks for your advise ...

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 am

What is the date on your ILR?

As for 2: you will have to pass it. The HSMP JR exemption only applies to ILR.

John

Post by John » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:34 am

rozendeva, you are asking about getting a British Passport, but those are only given out to British Citizens! So first you need to become British, by applying for Naturalisation.

The letter you mention, that suggests you can apply in October, what exactly does it say? I ask because as far as I can see, you will need to have your ILR for at least one year, when you apply for your Naturalisation.
John