ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spelling correction of Birth Place

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Spelling correction of Birth Place

Post by ILR-1982 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:59 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

My son, 1 year old, has received his Certificate of British Citizenship.

However, there is a spelling error of "place of birth".

To request for spelling correction, I have filled up the related form and send back the Certificate of British Citizenship along with supporting documents in August 2021.

To follow up the progress, I have sent an email to citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk twice and haven't heard from them at all.

Please could you advise for what I can do?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

Amakaliz
Newly Registered

Re: Spelling correction of Birth Place

Post by Amakaliz » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:58 pm

Good afternoon

Am new on this platform and came across your question and because I am in that situation now.
I understood it was last year, I want to know if it has been resolved and how did you solve it?
Please I need some help!!!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:08 pm

I think your best best is to write to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
They do say their turnaround time is 20 working days, but looks like the most official contact point I have been able to find so far.

Good luck.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Amakaliz
Newly Registered

Post by Amakaliz » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:57 pm

Thank you so much for your concern. I have sent an email to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk. Still waiting for a reply from them.