ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting application right after midnight

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hilalo
Newly Registered
Japan

Submitting application right after midnight

Post by hilalo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:47 pm

Hello all,

I have a specific question and searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to it.

So I submitted my application for naturlisation as a British citizen based on 5 year Tier 2 + 1 year on ILR.
I made the submission and payment right away after midnight at around 12:20am BST

The odd thing is that the system generated a payment confirmation which has the date of yesterday on that date even though it's after 12am and the new day has started. I suspect the system might be set to always use GMT time so doesn't increment the date until 1am BST

My question is, can the payment having the date of 1 day earlier be an issue to my application and make it look like it is made 1 day short of the 1 year on ILR due to this system issue or is it all ok?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Submitting application right after midnight

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:21 pm

Don't think anyone can give you a definite answer here. Certainly I don't recall any issues being reported for this scenario. For peace of mind I would keep screen shots of everything, just in case.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hilalo
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by hilalo » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:59 pm

Thanks for the response
Yes I noticed that the document check list document states the new date so that was some relief and I also attached it among the other docs in case it helps
Thanks again for the response I will keep documents aside just in case as you said

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:27 pm

I also made application right after mid-night but the time was 1:16 am. The payment confirmation email was displaying the right date/time.

Most probably the payment processing system is set according to GMT time, our our before the real time.

I think the time on application pdf should have correct date/time. Did you try to download that document to confirm?

hilalo wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:47 pm
Hello all,

I have a specific question and searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to it.

So I submitted my application for naturlisation as a British citizen based on 5 year Tier 2 + 1 year on ILR.
I made the submission and payment right away after midnight at around 12:20am BST

The odd thing is that the system generated a payment confirmation which has the date of yesterday on that date even though it's after 12am and the new day has started. I suspect the system might be set to always use GMT time so doesn't increment the date until 1am BST

My question is, can the payment having the date of 1 day earlier be an issue to my application and make it look like it is made 1 day short of the 1 year on ILR due to this system issue or is it all ok?

Thanks

hilalo
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by hilalo » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:02 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:27 pm
I also made application right after mid-night but the time was 1:16 am. The payment confirmation email was displaying the right date/time.

Most probably the payment processing system is set according to GMT time, our our before the real time.

I think the time on application pdf should have correct date/time. Did you try to download that document to confirm?

hilalo wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:47 pm
Hello all,

Thanks
Thanks for your response
Yes I downloaded the application PDF and it shows 00:03am with the new date
I didn't expect it was that close :o

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:29 pm

This shows that every second has a value! :wink:
hilalo wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:02 pm

Thanks for your response
Yes I downloaded the application PDF and it shows 00:03am with the new date
I didn't expect it was that close :o

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ukresident001 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:38 pm

I wonder if the day on which ILR is granted is counted as day 0 or day 1.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:58 pm

I would always recommend applicants to factor in extra time/days for last minute issues/errorr/omissions/system glitches/etc - there's really nothing lost if applying a few days past your "due date". It's an important application, both in terms of money and status to be gained.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hilal
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by hilal » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:41 pm

Got the good news today that my application was successful
So for anybody stumbling upon this in future it didn't seem to have any negative impact