ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suitable professional referee for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Suitable professional referee for Naturalisation

Post by Sofia123 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:27 pm

I have been looking through the list of suitable professional referees provided for the naturalisation application.

I still have some questions:

My husband is a Mobile Security supervisor and manages the security of a number of Tesco Stores. Tesco store managers knows him.

1. Can one of the Tesco Store managers can act as a professional referee for his naturalisation application?

2. Can a high ranked official/manager from his Security Services (they require SIA licence for security officers’ employees, which is their professional body) be his professional referee??

3. Can a GP be a professional referee, knowing the applicant as a patient or not?
I know they do passport applications for a fee. Has home office banned doctors to be the referees or not ??

4. A councillor of our council knows him, we asked him and we have set a time for the meeting. However, first question he asked was, “Do you have any criminal conviction?” My husband told him that he does not have any criminal record at all. Is it normal that referees ask about criminal record of the applicant?? We have doubt if he would act as referee or not.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sathyauk
India

Re: Suitable professional referee for Naturalisation

Post by sathyauk » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:34 pm

Can a GP be a professional referee, knowing the applicant as a patient or not?
I know they do passport applications for a fee. Has home office banned doctors to be the referees or not ??
GP cant be your professional referee, doctor as personal friend can be referee

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Re: Suitable professional referee for Naturalisation

Post by Sofia123 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:33 am

Thanks a lot.

The local councillor is very happy to be the professional referee of my husband.

I have also found out that the Security officers who hold SIA licence, which can be revoked are also considered professional referees for Naturalisation. As SIA is on the top of professional bodies in the UK. So his manager can act as a professional referee and he himself can act as a professional referee for others.

A Tesco manager with a British passport can act as a non professional referee.

We will be applying soon for Naturalisation after receiving his amended BRP in a couple of days.