ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrendering Foreign Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cracker1234

Surrendering Foreign Passport

Post by cracker1234 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi,

I have got a confirmation letter from HO stating that my application for British Citizenship has been approved. I have to book an appointment to collect this certificate within 60 days.

I'm currently holding Indian Passport and while googling, I have come across that I have another 90 days to surrender my passports from the date of getting the naturalization certificate. I have a flight ticket to India travelling within 90 days but returning after 90 days.

My query is -
Is the date of naturalization from the date of collecting the certificate or from the date of getting the approval letter ?

I have got the approval letter but yet to collect the naturalization certificate and have 60 days. Can I collect the certificate may be after 30 days and the date of getting the certificate will be changed. If it's changed, then I can travel to India and return within 90 days.

Little confused if someone can help if they have already come across this situation.

This question mayn't be relevant for anyone but as I am not sure so I have posted here. If it's not, can you suggest where can I post this query.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestion.

secret.simon

Re: Surrendering Foreign Passport

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:26 pm

The date of naturalisation is the date on the certificate and the same as the date of attending the citizenship ceremony.

Please post any questions about surrendering the Indian passport in the Other Countries forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

cracker1234

Re: Surrendering Foreign Passport

Post by cracker1234 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:45 pm

Thanks @secret.simon for your reply.
That's really helpful. So, I can wait for my ceremony date as it's up to me when I would like to book an appointment within 60 days of receiving this letter. Thank again..