ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2G to ILR and now applying for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cracker1234

T2G to ILR and now applying for Citizenship

Post by cracker1234 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:06 pm

Hi All,

I have got my ILR from 5 years T2G route and now applying for citizenship.

Can you assist me in clarifying the following queries please ?

1. Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?
- Yes (am I correct)

2. Do you have a degree that was taught in English?
Yes.
Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa?
- First question, I answered 'Yes'
But I have query for the second question - I have got my NARIC letter citing that my degree is equivalent to C1 level after submitting degree certificate and a letter from University but my degree certificate alone doesn't meet English language requirement. Can you suggest if I put Yes/No ?

3. In immigration details, can I enter the BRP number as my reference number for the following question ?
Enter your reference number if known ?

4. My dependants are not applying with me, Can I keep this option (Additional applicant) unfilled and continue ?

5. I have filled the absence details for the below question. Do I need to submit any absence letter ?
Details of your trips outside the UK :

6. About Document checklist, which documents do I need to submit ?
I am submitting the following documents. Are they sufficient ?
a. Passport
b. BRP
c. NARIC and degree certificate
d. Life in UK letter.

For this question - Two referee declarations, will I get a format once I submit the application or we need to write our own ?

For proof of living in UK for 5 years, Is passport sufficient or any other documents ?

I will be honestly grateful if someone can please response to these queries. TA.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: T2G to ILR and now applying for Citizenship

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:10 pm

When did you get ILR? Are you married to a BC?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:38 pm

Thank you Cullinan for your reply.
got ILR in 2019 May.
no, ILR through 5 years T2G route.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:44 pm

cracker1234 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:06 pm
Hi All,

I have got my ILR from 5 years T2G route and now applying for citizenship.

Can you assist me in clarifying the following queries please ?

1. Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?
- Yes (am I correct) Correct

2. Do you have a degree that was taught in English?
Yes.
Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa?
- First question, I answered 'Yes'
But I have query for the second question - I have got my NARIC letter citing that my degree is equivalent to C1 level after submitting degree certificate and a letter from University but my degree certificate alone doesn't meet English language requirement. Can you suggest if I put Yes/No ? Yes and submit the degree and NARIC both. The form will ask the country degree was obtained. It will generate NARIC in the checklist accordingly. You would have submitted the same for ILR also

3. In immigration details, can I enter the BRP number as my reference number for the following question ?
Enter your reference number if known ?
Yes

4. My dependants are not applying with me, Can I keep this option (Additional applicant) unfilled and continue ?
The online form asks do you have any dependents who are not applying with you. Select yes and proceed. It asks a couple questions about dependents then.

5. I have filled the absence details for the below question. Do I need to submit any absence letter ?
Details of your trips outside the UK :
No

6. About Document checklist, which documents do I need to submit ?
I am submitting the following documents. Are they sufficient ?
a. Passport
b. BRP
c. NARIC and degree certificate
d. Life in UK letter.
2 Referee declarations

For this question - Two referee declarations, will I get a format once I submit the application or we need to write our own ?
You will input referee details in the online form before submission. So you will get details from your referee. Then they will sign the declaration form and you will scan/upload.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

For proof of living in UK for 5 years, Is passport sufficient or any other documents ?
Passport stamps covering 5 years yes

I will be honestly grateful if someone can please response to these queries. TA.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:48 pm

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:34 pm

Thanks Cullinan for your response.

Still want to clarify the following queries :
4. It did ask about my dependants. I entered all the info about my spouse but no question were asked about my child (less than 10 years old).
After completing my application, it ask to 'Add Additional applicant'.
Can I leave this option unfilled and continue ?

6. Is the checklist fine or do I need to submit anymore documents ?

I have filled two referee details in the online form.

Can the referee sign this form (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf) and send a scan copy to me.
Later, I will print that copy and glue my photo before uploading the newly scanned one..
They live far away and I am avoiding travelling at this moment but can travel if required to get the sign first as the rule has changed.

Please let me know. TA

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:47 pm

cracker1234 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:34 pm
Thanks Cullinan for your response.

Still want to clarify the following queries :
4. It did ask about my dependants. I entered all the info about my spouse but no question were asked about my child (less than 10 years old).
After completing my application, it ask to 'Add Additional applicant'.
Can I leave this option unfilled and continue ?
Leave it unfilled. Your dependents are not applying with you. Its N/A in your case. You can proceed to next step

6. Is the checklist fine or do I need to submit anymore documents ?
Follow the checklist is fine

I have filled two referee details in the online form.

Can the referee sign this form (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf) and send a scan copy to me.
Later, I will print that copy and glue my photo before uploading the newly scanned one..
They live far away and I am avoiding travelling at this moment but can travel if required to get the sign first as the rule has changed.
Ideally wet signature is best. Send via post to avoid travel. Some members have used digital signatures also and were successful. However, I will advise wet signature.

Please let me know. TA

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:57 pm

Many more thanks Cullinan.
I truly appreciate you had spent your own time to answer my queries.
I will see what I can do with my referee declaration. Thanks again. :)

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:19 pm

Hi Cullinan and others,

I have submitted my application but not getting free appointment or inexpensive one.
Any suggestion when is the best time to login to UKVCAS to get one of those slots?

-TA.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:05 pm

Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT (1am BST) to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:15 am

Thanks Cullinan for providing detailed info.
As you suggested, I logged in at 1 AM BST. I can see a lot of slots available but could not find any free slots. Will keep trying for next few days. One thing I observed is after 8 am, all slots are chargeable. Thanks again for your helpful tips.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:18 am

cracker1234 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:15 am
Thanks Cullinan for providing detailed info.
As you suggested, I logged in at 1 AM BST. I can see a lot of slots available but could not find any free slots. Will keep trying for next few days. One thing I observed is after 8 am, all slots are chargeable. Thanks again for your helpful tips.
Best time will be Tuesday 1AM BST onwards as tomorrow onwards you will mostly see weekend slots. But do look regularly from tomorrow also. Free slot options are week days certain times.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:39 am

Thanks Cullinan for letting me know. Sure I will keep an eye. Thanks.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:51 pm

Hi Cullinan,
I have been checking at 1AM BST in UKVCAS site for last a few days (from Friday) , but never successful seeing a free slots.
All slots after 8 am is paid at the core centre. I am just wondering are free slots available these days or stopped due to lockdown ?
I log in exactly at 1am (may be 3-4 seconds difference).

Hi All,
Did anyone in the group book a free slot recently ? Please share your experience. TA.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:56 pm

It is upon availability. You need to keep checking especially between 6-9am (many reported the same time bracket) AND ALL day regularly. There is NO guarantee you will still find a free slot.
If you can not find a free slot, you will have to take a decision to go for a paid appointment.
Friday onwards is not a good time.
Tuesday 1AM BST onwards is a good time.
28th day has to be a week day for possibility of a free appointment.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:29 pm

Many thanks again Cullinan.
I will keep checking for this whole week and if I can't find any free, then will go for a paid one. I still have time until 12th June.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:01 pm

cracker1234 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:29 pm
Many thanks again Cullinan.
I will keep checking for this whole week and if I can't find any free, then will go for a paid one. I still have time until 12th June.
Book one by Saturday at the latest. But look till Saturday as the 28th day will be Friday then. Look different centres not only closer to you (if you are willing to travel).

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:21 am

Thank you so much Cullinan.
I have finally booked a paid one..