ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with Citizenship Certificate without BRP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

essyes
Newly Registered

Travelling with Citizenship Certificate without BRP

Post by essyes » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 am

Hello,
I have had a planned trip and citizenship ceremony 2 weeks apart.
I couldn't send my current non -EU passport to Home Office with Citizenship certificate, therefore, couldn't apply for British Passport also I have been returned my BRP in 5 working days after the citizenship ceremony which i did.

However, I have had to travel without BRP with my citizenship certificate with my British boyfriend. I showed my certificate on the counter and they asked my brp i explained that the certificate was the replacement of BRP. They allow me to pass
At the border in London, We passed from EU passport holder as a family with my boyfriend and the officer asked when i had my certificate and when i sent my BRP then let me pass the border.

SO even if they say it's not permitted to travel with citizenship certificate, it's up to the officer. If you explain your situation i am sure they would help.

Best
E

macduy
Newly Registered

Re: Travelling with Citizenship Certificate without BRP

Post by macduy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:09 pm

Hi,

My wife is in exactly the same situation as you, so I was wondering what was your experience, which country did you fly to and with which airline? Our biggest concern is that the airline will not allow us to board with just the citizenship certificate without the ILR (which she returned already).

Thanks,
Hai

zimba
Mood:

Re: Travelling with Citizenship Certificate without BRP

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:26 am

Certificate of Registration is NOT a travel document :!:
The non-EU OP who posted this may have been a non-visa national (e.g American, Australian, ...) who did not need a visa to travel and arrive at a UK port. Even if that is not the case, the risk of being refused boarding is very high. Airlines will almost certainly refuse to board you if you are a non visa national and do not have a valid visa/BRP as they risk being heavily fined.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice