ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling without BRP, British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tnazir
Newly Registered

Travelling without BRP, British Passport

Post by tnazir » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:45 pm

Dear Members

Just a question about travelling to Pakistan, My daughter granted naturalization, Email received, Physical certificate not received still after 9 days.

BRP expired, Got valid Pakistan passport.

My family want to travel urgently to Pakistan , and I will go later after one month in January.

Is it allowed for my daughter(2.5 years) to travel to Pakistan(with valid Pakistani passport) without BRP, Naturalization certificate , British passport?

as if naturalization certificate is received , I will apply for her passport and will carry passport to Pakistan so that UK re-entry would not be a problem.

Therefore, want to check if they will allow my daughter to travel from UK to Pakistan without BRP, British passport or naturalization certificate.

Thanks in advance

George111
Newly Registered

Re: Travelling without BRP, British Passport

Post by George111 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:27 pm

You can always leave UK without UK documents, as long as there are means for you to get to your destinations (i.e. Pakistani passport for Pakistan). There is no exit passport control in the UK. It's only the airlines that check your documents and only to make sure that you have a right to go to your destination. So leaving UK without a UK passport is not an issue.

Getting back to the UK without a UK passport on a passport that requires a visa is a problem. Airlines will not allow you to board.

tnazir
Newly Registered

Post by tnazir » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:53 pm

You mean to say on return Airline will only consider passport on which ticket was bought (pakistani passport) even if I have UK passport at that time as a proof of visa/nationality? Thanks

George111
Newly Registered

Post by George111 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:35 am

The only issue airlines are concerned with is when you board a specific flight, that you have the right to enter your destination. If you don't, the airlines get fined and you are sent back at their expense. So, whatever you travelled on before has zero implications for the airline. It's very narrow and specific. As you check-in/board the flight you have the documents for the destination as listed in the IATA database.

This is what they use (a more detailed version of this):
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passpo ... ements.htm

So, in short, if you travel to Pakistan on a Pakistani passport and return on UK passport to the UK, you'll be ok.