ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Access Form & Uploading Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ruxx49
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

UK Access Form & Uploading Questions

Post by ruxx49 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:22 pm

Hi all, appreciate if someone can help me with these questions. I am applying for naturalisation through Tier 2 (5 years) + ILR (> 1 year) route, non-EEA.

1. In the UKVCAS website, on the 'Document Upload' page, it is mentioned that I will have received an 'Access UK checklist specifying the documents required for your application'. I have not received any checklist other than the one that is 'optional to download' after payment is made on UKVI's 'What to do next' page. Are these two similar?

2. I only have one mandatory document to upload which is 'Proof of Application- Passport Issued by XX for Mr YYY'. Is this normal to have only one mandatory document? I would have thought other documents on the checklist would be deemed mandatory too (referee declarations, proof of English language, proof of living, BRP etc..)

3. I have seen a picture from this forum with regards to what category to upload which optional document to, but where do I upload referee declaration forms?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Seekr
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK Access Form & Uploading Questions

Post by Seekr » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi,

1: I believe they are referring to the supporting documents checklist you see after submitting the form.

2: You must upload all the necessary documentation as required by home office - as advised in the supporting documents checklist and form AN naturalisation booklet https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf

3: The "other" category should be fine for referee documents.

Note: I am not an immigration adviser/solicitor. Answers are given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: UK Access Form & Uploading Questions

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:48 pm

ruxx49 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:22 pm
Hi all, appreciate if someone can help me with these questions. I am applying for naturalisation through Tier 2 (5 years) + ILR (> 1 year) route, non-EEA.

1. In the UKVCAS website, on the 'Document Upload' page, it is mentioned that I will have received an 'Access UK checklist specifying the documents required for your application'. I have not received any checklist other than the one that is 'optional to download' after payment is made on UKVI's 'What to do next' page. Are these two similar? There is a document checklist that you should see and download after you have submitted your application, itis usually a 2-page document

2. I only have one mandatory document to upload which is 'Proof of Application- Passport Issued by XX for Mr YYY'. Is this normal to have only one mandatory document? I would have thought other documents on the checklist would be deemed mandatory too (referee declarations, proof of English language, proof of living, BRP etc..) Yes, the mandatory document is the passport, you can upload other documents in any category as you deem fit

3. I have seen a picture from this forum with regards to what category to upload which optional document to, but where do I upload referee declaration forms? you can upload it under identity, but as I mentioned, you can upload it anywhere.

Thanks in advance for your response.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.