ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK naturalisation application with penalty LC20 on license

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sukumar
Newly Registered

UK naturalisation application with penalty LC20 on license

Post by sukumar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi,

Has anybody here are with experience/knowledge of applying for UK naturalisation while being convicted of driving not in accordance with License(Penalty code LC20) and 3 points on license.

Appreciate any credible information on this.

Thanks.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:54 pm

when you say 'convicted' do you mean you went to court and the judge / magistrate gave you a fine and points on your licence.

also when was this conviction

sukumar
Newly Registered

Post by sukumar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 pm

nope, just received the FPN from a PC, paid the fine online and submitted all the DL at a local Police station which was sent back after mentioning 3 points and penalty code on cover letter.

Cheers

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:09 am

sukumar wrote:nope, just received the FPN from a PC, paid the fine online and submitted all the DL at a local Police station which was sent back after mentioning 3 points and penalty code on cover letter.

Cheers
Is it the only one or you had more? If more (reckless) then it is a clear five year period you have to wait.
KESH

sukumar
Newly Registered

Post by sukumar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:57 pm

yep, thats the only one.
But just want to be sure that wont affect the outcome on my application, hence if anybody having an experience of this sort and were still successful in their application give me update will be a great help.

Thanks

John

Post by John » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm

sukumar, suggest you download this UKBA document and in particular read 3.2.2.e ! I think you will find that good news!
John

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:36 pm

John wrote:sukumar, suggest you download this UKBA document and in particular read 3.2.2.e ! I think you will find that good news!
Correct John,

Also there is link below have a read at 'anothersupouse' on page 127, they had similar experience.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=2520
KESH

sukumar
Newly Registered

Post by sukumar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks John,

The document does suggest FPN's are minor issues and can be ignored until it's not refered to court or challenged by applicant and upheld by court, I presume my case should be fall under minor and hopefully I can go ahead and make application.

Thanks gain.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:26 pm

sukumar wrote:Thanks John,

The document does suggest FPN's are minor issues and can be ignored until it's not refered to court or challenged by applicant and upheld by court, I presume my case should be fall under minor and hopefully I can go ahead and make application.

Thanks gain.
Hi Siva,

What was the offence that you made? Did you drive with provisional license on your own? I too have similar type of offence, your info will be helpful to my application. When are you applying?

Thanks
Senthil

sukumar
Newly Registered

Post by sukumar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:00 pm

was that question to me Senthil ?
My name is not siva though, I have some travel commitments for next 4 months so will only be applying after that.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:30 pm

sukumar wrote:was that question to me Senthil ?
My name is not siva though, I have some travel commitments for next 4 months so will only be applying after that.
Sorry Sukumar, that was the mistake. Thanks for your reply.