Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

j.weg
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 am

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by j.weg » Thu May 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Irfan1648 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:32 pm
When you receive the documents back with document certifying permanent residence , you should have received a letter from the home office which state when you acquired permanent residence status, what is the date on the letter ?
12th of March. I’ve done it online but that is not the case. We have applied when those documents were not needed.

Irfan1648
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:51 pm
Pakistan

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by Irfan1648 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 pm

The documents you provided for your Naturlisation back in days covering 6 year period of exercising treaty rights , you should have sent that even online and if successful you would have strong case to appeal , according to this if it says 11 March 2019, you will have to wait another year till 11 March 2020 to apply for Naturlisation

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 64401
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by CR001 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Irfan1648 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 pm
The documents you provided for your Naturlisation back in days covering 6 year period of exercising treaty rights , you should have sent that even online and if successful you would have strong case to appeal , according to this if it says 11 March 2019, you will have to wait another year till 11 March 2020 to apply for Naturlisation
Note that the user applied in 2015, before the online system and before proof of PR was required. Note also that you cannot "appeal" a citizenship refusal. You can only request a reconsideration, which can take many months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

j.weg
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 am

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by j.weg » Thu May 23, 2019 10:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:38 pm
Irfan1648 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 pm
The documents you provided for your Naturlisation back in days covering 6 year period of exercising treaty rights , you should have sent that even online and if successful you would have strong case to appeal , according to this if it says 11 March 2019, you will have to wait another year till 11 March 2020 to apply for Naturlisation
Note that the user applied in 2015, before the online system and before proof of PR was required. Note also that you cannot "appeal" a citizenship refusal. You can only request a reconsideration, which can take many months.
So this is why I am here. Can anyone advise? I now I can apply for reconsideration but afraid of the time that has passed since decision.

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:40 pm
Bulgaria

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by SuperDupper » Sun May 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Hi all

I have now attended my ceremony on tuesday 21st and waiting for passport to arrive. I have 2 questions about the pr card i hold (please note its brp card not sticker in passport)
1: can i still travel in and out of uk with this if i have to before my passport arrive?
2: very confused after reading different opinions on send pr card back or not? Its a brp PR obtained with ROR its not ILR?
Please guide

guru1s
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 7:51 am

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by guru1s » Mon May 27, 2019 9:20 am

SuperDupper wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi all

I have now attended my ceremony on tuesday 21st and waiting for passport to arrive. I have 2 questions about the pr card i hold (please note its brp card not sticker in passport)
1: can i still travel in and out of uk with this if i have to before my passport arrive?
2: very confused after reading different opinions on send pr card back or not? Its a brp PR obtained with ROR its not ILR?
Please guide
How can you travel if you had to send your original passport after you have filled in the passport application along with your naturalisation certificate?

If you are an EU member, then you have to send your blue UK residence documentation for a national of an EEA state that you have to sent back to HO within first 5-7 days after your ceremony or you can be fined.

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:40 pm
Bulgaria

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by SuperDupper » Tue May 28, 2019 4:40 pm

guru1s wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:20 am
SuperDupper wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi all

I have now attended my ceremony on tuesday 21st and waiting for passport to arrive. I have 2 questions about the pr card i hold (please note its brp card not sticker in passport)
1: can i still travel in and out of uk with this if i have to before my passport arrive?
2: very confused after reading different opinions on send pr card back or not? Its a brp PR obtained with ROR its not ILR?
Please guide
How can you travel if you had to send your original passport after you have filled in the passport application along with your naturalisation certificate?

If you are an EU member, then you have to send your blue UK residence documentation for a national of an EEA state that you have to sent back to HO within first 5-7 days after your ceremony or you can be fined.
I dont have to send my original passport, i have sent my passport app with ndrs jcap,

katyatash
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:33 am
Russia

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by katyatash » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:38 am

"After you get your certificate

You must send your biometric residence permit (BRP) back to the Home Office within 5 working days of getting your certificate of British citizenship.

Cut your BRP into 4 pieces and put it in a windowless envelope.

Include a note saying you’re returning your permit because you’ve become a citizen. Include your name, date of birth and the document number (found on the front of the card) in the note.

Naturalisation BRP Returns
PO Box 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT
You’ll be fined up to £1,000 if you do not return your permit within 5 working days."

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 64401
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:16 am

katyatash wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:38 am
"After you get your certificate

You must send your biometric residence permit (BRP) back to the Home Office within 5 working days of getting your certificate of British citizenship.

Cut your BRP into 4 pieces and put it in a windowless envelope.

Include a note saying you’re returning your permit because you’ve become a citizen. Include your name, date of birth and the document number (found on the front of the card) in the note.

Naturalisation BRP Returns
PO Box 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT
You’ll be fined up to £1,000 if you do not return your permit within 5 working days."
Is there a purpose for posting this generic information in the 'Unsuccessful Applications' topic???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

katyatash
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:33 am
Russia

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by katyatash » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:42 pm

It was a response to SuperDupper. I cannot delete it, if you could do that,would be appreciated. Thanks

rpaw
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:31 pm
Poland

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by rpaw » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 am

Hi everyone

I am pleased to share good news at this forum that I have received HO phone call, my app has been approved in reconsideration in 3 months from sending NR, dated 5th of April.
THANKS FOR ALL guys and good luck for those, who still waiting. HAPPY DAYS

odat
Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:48 pm
Jordan

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by odat » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:59 am

i just wanna inform everyone my reconsideration has been successful and now im waiting for the ceremony inviting letter
i send my reconsideration 30/04/2019 and today 03/08/2019 i revived the approval
i wanna say thanks to everyone on this website and i wish to everyone the best

Muji87
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by Muji87 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Congratulation Brother great news

jais2015
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:30 am

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by jais2015 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:02 pm

Rosh2018 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:10 pm
Kyiyah0013 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:54 am
Hello Everybody,

I really need help and advise please.

My application for British Citizenship has been rejected by the Home Office for the Good Character, The HO stated that :

1. I came to the Uk illegally ( but its not True as i came with a student visa )
2. That i delayed to apply for Asylum ( i applied 8 months after arriving to UK as i did not not about this possibility and i was not well, when i applied for asylum my student visa was still valid and not expired)

When my application for asylum was granted 7 years ago, the judge cleared out those two points and the home office never said anything about.

My question is :
Did anyone in similar situation had a successful reconsideration.
If i apply for reconsideration, is it better to use a solicitor or i just do it myself.

Please advise me as i am lost right now.
Bro I have a similar situation, but mine actually I was overstayed for about 50 days, but I was sick, and took medicine, I submit the doctor's letter as well, did HO ask you to clarify about your case or they just refused it, because they sent me a form to fill up, i'm still waiting for my result. dob't know what gonna happen, i'll let you know. i explained them why did i overstayed let see what happen.
Hi Rosh2018,
Have you received any decision on your application? I am following your post and I am also in the same situation.
Thanks

Gerry2000
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:24 pm
Germany

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by Gerry2000 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi all, my application for citizenship through naturalisation was rejected. The rejection was on the basis of not having had permanent residence in the UK for 12 months prior to applying for citizenship. Furthermore the rejection letter refers to this requirement fo EEA and Swiss nationals who are not applying on the grounds marriage/civil partnership to a British citizen.

In my case however, I am applying on the grounds of being married to a British citizen from birth. This is also stated in my application.

I am an eu citizen who has received settled status.

If I send the form for reconsideration, is there anything else I need to provide? When can I expect to get an answer?

Thanks for your help.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 64401
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Gerry2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:31 pm
Hi all, my application for citizenship through naturalisation was rejected. The rejection was on the basis of not having had permanent residence in the UK for 12 months prior to applying for citizenship. Furthermore the rejection letter refers to this requirement fo EEA and Swiss nationals who are not applying on the grounds marriage/civil partnership to a British citizen.

In my case however, I am applying on the grounds of being married to a British citizen from birth. This is also stated in my application.

I am an eu citizen who has received settled status.

If I send the form for reconsideration, is there anything else I need to provide? When can I expect to get an answer?

Thanks for your help.
Did you upload marriage cert and spouse's British passport etc??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gerry2000
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:24 pm
Germany

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by Gerry2000 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Yes, I’ve filed the online application and the scanned were deemed as sufficient by ukvcas. All requirements were uploaded correctly.

Gerry2000
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:24 pm
Germany

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by Gerry2000 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:42 pm
Gerry2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:31 pm
Hi all, my application for citizenship through naturalisation was rejected. The rejection was on the basis of not having had permanent residence in the UK for 12 months prior to applying for citizenship. Furthermore the rejection letter refers to this requirement fo EEA and Swiss nationals who are not applying on the grounds marriage/civil partnership to a British citizen.

In my case however, I am applying on the grounds of being married to a British citizen from birth. This is also stated in my application.

I am an eu citizen who has received settled status.

If I send the form for reconsideration, is there anything else I need to provide? When can I expect to get an answer?

Thanks for your help.
Did you upload marriage cert and spouse's British passport etc??
Yes, I’ve filed the online application and the scanned were deemed as sufficient by ukvcas. All requirements were uploaded correctly.

Lisa F
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:36 pm
South Africa

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by Lisa F » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:29 pm

After my daughter having her application refused, we were able to prove that the error was on the HO side (they missed some additional paperwork we sent in - thankfully we had proof it was signed for) and today we were notified that her application refusal will be reviewed. So, here we go again! :D

User avatar
Dippy263
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:42 am

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by Dippy263 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:13 pm

So i applied for my BC last year in Feb 218 and it was refused on grounds of 'Good Character',
*because i had applied before the 10years (granted DLR in 2009, ILR in Oct 2016)
*And because in my initial asylum application i had stated that i supported myself financially by doing hair, cooking and cleaning, which they classed as working.

Now my question is, now that i have completed the required 10years, can i still ask for a reconsideration of my 2018 application based on recommendations on some of the posts i have read .
Do i have to make a fresh claim?
Another thing i have a Council tax CCJ i am currently paying off, will this go against my application? i cannot afford to loose another £1300

Post Reply
cron