A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation
Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe
- Newly Registered
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:59 pm
have two questions:
1. I did online application as EU citizen with settled status, on UKVCAS website it says you need to upload scans of your documents. I can't scan my passport with my portable scanner because passport is too thick for it. I was wondering if I can photograph my passport and attach a photo instead of scan? of course I'll make sure photo is no larger than 6MB and is either in JPG or PDF
2. I've submitted my application yesterday (27th of March), I've included all my absences, I couldn't book my biometrics appointment because all slots are taken, god knows how much longer this covid-19 is gonna last and when I'll be able to get an appointment. If it gets better I would like to go abroad for holiday for a week and need to know if I can do so before my biometrics appointment or do I need to do biometrics first and then go abroad for holiday?
- Respected Guru
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
- Location: UK Bucks
1. That should be fine, except you should upload both the biometrics page plus any stamped pages. So it's more than one file unless you can combine.
2. My personal recommendation is to get the biometrics appointment out of the way, however long it takes to get one - naturalisation is more important than a holiday. You are free to travel of course before and/or after biometrics but you may be stuck outside the UK due to potential closures of airports, cancellations of flights and further restrictions on travel. Your choice of course.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored