ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help about MN1 online application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

graphene
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Several MN1 Questions for Baby

Post by graphene » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:06 am

Could anyone help clarify some points on MN1 application for my baby, who was born in the UK and now 19 month old. One parent has indefinite leave to remain in the UK and is planning to register for the baby British citizen and passport.

When filling in the MN1 form, I found the section 1.3, section 2 and section 5 are a bit hard to answer. Thanks for your help in advance.

1.3 State if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should ensure that they qualify for permanent residence.

Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted:

Since birth in the UK, my baby has not got relevant certificate such as indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK, should I leave this question blank?

Section 2 Residence requirements

2.1 If the child is resident in the United Kingdom or a British overseas territory (see page 18 of the Guide), give date and place of first arrival:

Could leave this as blank as this question seems to be suitable for the child applicant born aboard.

2.2 Provide details of the child’s addresses in the United Kingdom or the British overseas territories for the last 5 years, or if less than 5 years, give details of all addresses since entry.

As well, could leave this as blank as this question seems to be suitable for the child applicant born aboard.

2.3 Give details of all absences from the United Kingdom and the British overseas territories during the period of residence above.

Total number of days absent (including any shown on final page):

My baby was born in the UK and had never been to any other country since birth. Could leave this as blank?

2.4 In which country will the child live if this application is granted:

Do we need to answer this question or still leave it blank as this question seems to be suitable for the child applicant born aboard.

Section 5 Referees and Identity

One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

For the first referee, could we have one of my friend, who is a professor in the UK University with British citizen and knows my baby well.

and the last question, if we use NCS do we have to use the online application instead of paper form? If online, where do I need to pay the application fee?

Thanks for answering!

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Several MN1 Questions for Baby

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:59 am

1.3 leave blank

2.1 write date of birth

2.2 write address(es) since birth It isn't a trick question.

2.3 leave blank if thee are no absences.

2.4 write England if you are in England or Scotland etc or UK.

5. Do you have no one who is engaged with the child? How old is child?

For NCS it is the paper form but you can no longer apply for joint citizenship and passport together.

If you want to apply for MN1 and passport (paper form), you use the online MN1 form and you pay online as part of the process. Passport you complete the paper form and the fee sheet that comes with the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

graphene
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by graphene » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:12 am

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your kind reply!

For 2.2 write address(es) since birth It isn't a trick question

We had two addresses since baby birth. Do we need to list both in date order?

1. Address A, From X to 05/08/2017, date X means the date we rented the house or the one baby was born on?
2. address B, from 06/08/2017 to Present (could we say "present" if we are still living here).

For 5. Do you have no one who is engaged with the child? How old is child?
We would like to have someone as the referee engaged with the baby, but now just one of my friends who is a professor confirmed. Is this ok to proceed with the application? My baby is 20 months.

Thanks.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:24 am

For 2.2 write address(es) since birth It isn't a trick question

We had two addresses since baby birth. Do we need to list both in date order?

1. Address A, From X to 05/08/2017, date X means the date we rented the house or the one baby was born on?
2. address B, from 06/08/2017 to Present (could we say "present" if we are still living here).
Current address first and then previous address from date child was born. Child is applicant so only their dates are relevant.
For 5. Do you have no one who is engaged with the child? How old is child?
We would like to have someone as the referee engaged with the baby, but now just one of my friends who is a professor confirmed. Is this ok to proceed with the application? My baby is 20 months.
Have you asked a go, pharmacist, health visitor, nurse or religious leader or are you hoping to go for the easiest option even though it says someone who is engaged with the child??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

graphene
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by graphene » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply, I will give a go for the professional referee anyway.

graphene
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

MN1 Online form - Question: Reason for not providing identification documents

Post by graphene » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi I would like to ask the points for online registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen.

My baby is 20 months old and has not had any passport / national identification card / travel document due to she was born in the UK, and we skipped her ILR / Dependent Pass because we wanted to register her as British once we got settlement. She has never been abroad.

On one of the section, is for identification:

Reason for not providing identification documents
Explain why you are unable to provide either a valid national identity card or a travel document.
Proof of identity is usually required to make a valid application.

Could we explain this in a good way for example " I am a 20 month old baby born in the UK and has not had any identification document since birth. I could be registered as British under British Nationality Act 1981 section 1(3) when one of my parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens."

Appreciated any help and better ideas of explaining this question. thanks.

Regards

graphene
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Urgent help about MN1 online application

Post by graphene » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi,

I have an urgent question about MN1 online application. I have submitted and paid for this application for my baby (20 months) for registration as a British citizen under 18. When I am doing the last step "Declaration" , it showed two options:

1. I am the applicant
2. I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

Because I believe this is a Declaration and I am the parent as a representative of the applicant, I selected the option 2. Is this ok or not, if not, will this application be rejected? do I need to apply for a new application and pay again?

Many thanks for clarifying.

Best regards

murillobraga
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help about MN1 online application

Post by murillobraga » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi graphene, did you get it right?

I have got the same doubt as you and I am stuck at this bit

Thanks!

eduleal

Re: Urgent help about MN1 online application

Post by eduleal » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:49 am

Same question here (no point discussing the contents of the application with my 9-month old), would be great to hear back from anyone who's submitted it.