ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent travel after citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vin1983

Urgent travel after citizenship ceremony

Post by vin1983 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi - want to know what are the options available if I have to travel urgently after attending the citizenship ceremony but still not having got the british passport?

As I understand within 5 days of ceremony I have to return the BRP card.

Can I travel with the old Indian passport and citizenship certificate?

Thanks

blessedtoday

Re: Urgent travel after citizenship ceremony

Post by blessedtoday » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:23 am

vin1983 wrote:Hi - want to know what are the options available if I have to travel urgently after attending the citizenship ceremony but still not having got the british passport?

As I understand within 5 days of ceremony I have to return the BRP card.

Can I travel with the old Indian passport and citizenship certificate?

Thanks
No you can not travel with your citizenship certificate you will need to wait for your passport

Casa

Re: Urgent travel after citizenship ceremony

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:35 am

An airline is unlikely to allow you to board with only your foreign passport/BC certificate and without a valid visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.