ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is an uncancelled passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kayanne80
Newly Registered
South Africa

What is an uncancelled passport

Post by kayanne80 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi guys

My son has his application in for a renewal of his child to adult British passport online but from South Africa - he has dual citizenship (UK & RSA) and just checking the application form he never realised that they want a color copy of any uncancelled non-British passports.....

He has one SA passport that has a corner cut and one that has expired (never renewed) - are these deemed cancelled??? I think the only thing HMPO could ask for is a copy that was never included in the original application...... :(

Anyone know what is wrong and what is right...we stressing now......

alterhase58
Germany

Re: What is an uncancelled passport

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:41 pm

Corner cut = cancelled
Current & Expired = uncancelled

Don't believe there is anything wrong with this - was/is routine - HMPO want to make sure citizens don't have multiple ID documents with different names.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kayanne80
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: What is an uncancelled passport

Post by kayanne80 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:20 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:41 pm
Corner cut = cancelled
Current & Expired = uncancelled

Don't believe there is anything wrong with this - was/is routine - HMPO want to make sure citizens don't have multiple ID documents with different names.
Oh dear so that means they will ask for a color copy...GREAT!!!