ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What proof of self-employment?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sasmskr
Newly Registered
Poland

Naturalisation Form - Confusing Questions

Post by sasmskr » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:35 pm

Hello there!

I'm in the process of applying for British Citizenship through Indefinite Leave, referred to as settled status obtained through EU Settlement Scheme.

I came to the UK in 2015 from Poland for university and I obtained my degree in 2018. Then I have received pre-settled and settled status. In each instance, I didn't have to take any additional English tests.

I'm now stuck on two questions in the British Citizenship online application form.

1) Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?
-> Should I say "No" as I never had to prove my knowledge of English even though I obtained pre-settled and settled status?

2) Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?
-> Should I say "No" as I just simply didn't have to? Or should I say yes because I have obtained Indefinite leave / settled status?

I'm worried that I might give the wrong impression.

After that, I'm asked:
Do you have a degree that was taught in English?: Yes
Country your degree was taught in: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
What will you use to prove your degree taught in English?: Degree certificate

I would be very grateful for any help!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Form - Confusing Questions

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:55 pm

Correct: No & No
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sasmskr
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by sasmskr » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:18 pm

Thank you! I appreciate that!

sasmskr
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by sasmskr » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:08 am

I'm still confused about the second question as per here it seems like I should tick "Yes" instead of "No"?

british-citizenship/did-you-meet-the-kn ... l#p1864070

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:20 am

You have EU settled status and there is no requirement for an English test so "NO" is the correct answer. You need to prove it for naturalisation. Applicant was under UK ILR (non-EU).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

sasmskr
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by sasmskr » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:00 am

I can understand now, thank you again for your help and clarification! :)

sasmskr
Newly Registered
Poland

What proof of self-employment?

Post by sasmskr » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:49 pm

Hello there!

I just filled out the online application for British Citizenship through the EEA route. In the employment section, I checked "Employed" & "Self-employed" and provided details of my PAYE employer as it's my primary full-time source of income.

In the documents checklist it tells me that I need to provide:
Most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment.

What is that "tax year account statement? I've been always doing tax returns through the accountant and I have all SA 302 Calculations and Tax Return forms downloaded from my HMRC account, but I can't find "tax year account statement".

I'm planning to also provide all my P60s and P45s regarding full-time employment.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do in this situation?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: What proof of self-employment?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:04 pm

"Tax year account statement" is the SA302 - most recent only.

sasmskr
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: British Citizenship Online Application Questions

Post by sasmskr » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:17 am

In 2014 (before I came to the UK) I received a small fine and 6 points (out of 20) for speeding. These points have been deleted after 365 days.

Do I have to still check "Yes" for "A penalty for a driving offence, for example, disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance" in "Convictions and other penalties" as a result of that and if this can affect my application?