ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What visa to apply for UK born child while Parents applying for ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anantjit
Newly Registered
India

What visa to apply for UK born child while Parents applying for ILR

Post by Anantjit » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:11 pm

The main applicant came on Tier2/skilled visa while partner came on dependant visa together with main applicant and they are due to complete 5 years in UK on 30 July . They have a UK born child who is 2years old . Child like his mother is on PBS dependant visa and this dependant visa is valid till July end .
Now I understand parents are eligible to apply for ILR on 2 July and ILR application are usually served in 6 months which means the ILR will arrive for parents by December . After that child becomes eligible for citizenship and citizenship process can be started then for the child .(ie after parents receive ILR In December )

Now for the duration of ILR processing for parents , child will be without any visa as dependant visa will expire in July . There is no point in applying ILR for child together with parents as child is born in UK and eligible for citizenship once parent gets ILR so no point in bearing additional ILR cost for child .

My question is what visa should be applied for UK born child while his parents ILR application is pending and child’s own dependant visa has expired ?

Should the parents apply extension of PBS dependant visa for child for next 6 month and hope in 6 months parents ILR arrives ?

OR
Child can be with out any visa (after his dependant visa expires in July ) from July - December during which parents have applied for ILR and their ILR is being processed .

Please advise .

vinny

Re: What visa to apply for UK born child while Parents applying for ILR

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:23 pm

Anantjit wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:11 pm
Child can be with out any visa (after his dependant visa expires in July ) from July - December during which parents have applied for ILR and their ILR is being processed .
Possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Anantjit
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anantjit » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:42 am

Would there be any issue while applying citizenship for UK born child - considering child did not have any visa in last 6 months prior to applying for citizenship

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:20 am

A uk born child does NOT need a valid visa or ilr to apply for citizenship!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:26 am

Anantjit wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:42 am
Would there be any issue while applying citizenship for UK born child - considering child did not have any visa in last 6 months prior to applying for citizenship
Have you bothered to read the link, and sub-links sent by Vinny?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Anantjit
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anantjit » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:20 am
A uk born child does NOT need a valid visa or ilr to apply for citizenship!
Okay.When parents are on Skilled visa/PBS Dependant then UK-BORN child also needs to be on PBS Child dependant visa. I was assuming once parents move to ILR then child also needs to move to ILR Dependant/PBS Child dependant.Now i understand that this is optional.UK-BORN child can remain visa-less for the duration of ILR processing of parents and then can apply for citizenship coming from visa-less state.

Anantjit
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anantjit » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:40 am

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:26 am
Anantjit wrote:
I joined this forum yesterday only , so I am not aware all the know-how here and was accessing this page on my mobile . I did not notice that there was some hyperlinks attached in the reply and hence was not able to read the link. Guess you could cut me some slack for same since raw here. .Hope I could be forgiven this time :)

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:59 am

Anantjit wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:40 am
Ticktack wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:26 am
Anantjit wrote:
I joined this forum yesterday only , so I am not aware all the know-how here and was accessing this page on my mobile . I did not notice that there was some hyperlinks attached in the reply and hence was not able to read the link. Guess you could cut me some slack for same since raw here. .Hope I could be forgiven this time :)
No pun intended my good friend. Some people just over look the links and ask the same questions that could have been answered by taking their time to read the links. Couldn't have known you're reading on your phone. My bad!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!