ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife Citizenship question.Tricky Situation.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Wife Citizenship question.Tricky Situation.

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi

My wife got her ILR in April 2018 on the basis of Long Residency(10 years). She came here as student dependent in 2008. Her last visa was FLR FP (10 years Partner Route). Then she Obtained ILR.

We have 3 British Children

I got my British Citizenship in May 2018. Now i want to apply my wife British Nationality Application (AN) on the basis of British Husband but before completing 12 months on ILR.

I need your advice whether i can apply for her nationality now?

At the time of her SET LR application which made in person, my Nationality application was pending.

I asked her caseworker when she came down to return the supporting documents that can she apply Nationality after i got my Nationality approval?

She said as far she knows my wife needs to complete 1 year on ILR because she got her ILR on the basis of Long Residency (SET LR Form) not (SET M Form).

Now i need expert advice on this as we r planning to go abroad on holidays and i want her to get British nationality and passport ASAP.

Your valued feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wife Citizenship question.Tricky Situation.

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Yes, if she meets the 3 years residence spouse of BC requirements.
At the time of her SET LR application which made in person, my Nationality application was pending.

This is irrelevant.
I asked her caseworker when she came down to return the supporting documents that can she apply Nationality after i got my Nationality approval?
Not sure what your question is here. Note that premium centre caseworkers don't give individual immigration or nationality advice.
She said as far she knows my wife needs to complete 1 year on ILR because she got her ILR on the basis of Long Residency (SET LR Form) not (SET M Form).
See my answer to the previous question re asking caseworkers for immigration/nationality advice. Your spouse DOES NOT have to wait 1 year on ILR.
Now i need expert advice on this as we r planning to go abroad on holidays and i want her to get British nationality and passport ASAP.
So apply now. It is not a difficult application provided she meets the 3 year residence requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:03 pm
Yes, if she meets the 3 years residence spouse of BC requirements.

This is irrelevant.
Not sure what your question is here. Note that premium centre caseworkers don't give individual immigration or nationality advice.
See my answer to the previous question re asking caseworkers for immigration/nationality advice. Your spouse DOES NOT have to wait 1 year on ILR.
So apply now. It is not a difficult application provided she meets the 3 year residence requirements.

Thanks for your prompt response @CR001.

What is the difference between 3 years residence spouse of BC requirements and 3 years residence requirement? U mentioned them both. R they same?

That was a question I asked from caseworker and than i posted her reply as well. Just want to clarify whether her advice is credible or not?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:31 pm

The 3 year residence is the same. Only a spouse of a BC can apply for citizenship this way. She needs to mee the residence requirement of the last 3 years immediately prior to date of application.

The caseworker wasn't sure and their advice was incorrect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.