ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 Year Study Visa ban due to Misrep

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

comz
Newly Registered
Nigeria

5 Year Study Visa ban due to Misrep

Post by comz » Mon May 15, 2023 5:27 pm

I received a 5-year study visa ban from Canada in 2022 for misrepresentation, specifically for not declaring the use of an agent. Should I appeal the ban or wait out the 5-year period. If appealing, can you recommend a good immi lawyer.

vinny

Re: 5 Year Study Visa ban due to Misrep

Post by vinny » Tue May 16, 2023 5:10 am

What are your grounds for appealing?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

comz
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by comz » Tue May 16, 2023 6:18 pm

My grounds would be that I had no choice other than to reach out to an agent to help pay my visa application fee on my behalf as my debit card kept being declined and was not working on the payment platform. I tried explaining this on my letter of explanation when I was given a procedural fairness letter (a chargeback occurred on the card the agent used to pay my visa application fee) before the refusal/ban letter came. Hence why I asked if it is advisable to wait out the 5 years or get advice from an immigration lawyer on how to appeal.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed May 17, 2023 8:41 am

comz wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 6:18 pm
My grounds would be that I had no choice other than to reach out to an agent to help pay my visa application fee on my behalf as my debit card kept being declined and was not working on the payment platform. I tried explaining this on my letter of explanation when I was given a procedural fairness letter (a chargeback occurred on the card the agent used to pay my visa application fee) before the refusal/ban letter came. Hence why I asked if it is advisable to wait out the 5 years or get advice from an immigration lawyer on how to appeal.
The forms you fill when applying for a visa are government documentations. When you sign at the end, you've basically attested that everything/details there are true to the best of your knowledge.

In your case, it wasn't. You were given an opportunity to defend yourself and your version of accounts was taking into account when making the final decision.

Ignorance is not an excuse. You're better off waiting for the 5 years. Any further applications you make would not be considered, until the time elapses.

You can try looking for a lawyer, but I'm not sure how he/she would dispel the fact that you knowingly lied on an application.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

comz
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by comz » Wed May 17, 2023 8:59 pm

ok, Many thanks for your responses, really grateful, I would wait out the 5 year ban and try again with an RCIC consultant this time.