ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone have any experience applying for a job while on implied status?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LR_waiting_for_PR
Newly Registered
Ireland

Anyone have any experience applying for a job while on implied status?

Post by LR_waiting_for_PR » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Just to be clear, I am not asking if I am eligible to apply for jobs while on implied status. I understand that I am eligible to continue working while on implied status and I have an open work permit so I can get a job with a new employer with no issue.

The issue is that I only sent my PR application a few weeks ago and I've just found out that there's a strong chance that my employer will not renew my contract past the end of April. Obviously I would like to look a for a new job before then. My question is about how to deal with the fact that I am on implied status in job applications. It seems like potential employers would be hesitant about hiring someone for a permanent job if their right to work in the country is dependent on a PR application which has not yet been approved. I am very confident that my PR application will be approved (I am being sponsored by my common-law partner; we meet all the requirements and we provided plenty of evidence that our relationship is genuine). But from a potential employer's perspective I could have my application refused at any time and lose my right to work in Canada.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with applying for jobs while on implied status? How did you broach the topic with potential employers? Is this something I should mention in a cover letter or during an interview? How did employers react to this information?

Hope someone can help me with this! Thanks in advance!