ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

canada- credential assessment

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sydshoeb
Newly Registered

Post by sydshoeb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:33 pm

hi

I hold a masters degree in civil engineering from america and bachelors degree (civil engineering) from india. Do i have to get both the degrees assessed or just the masters will be ok.

recently Canadian government made credential assessment compulsory.

Riention
Newly Registered

Post by Riention » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:13 am

I guess you only need to get your masters assessed. There are a lot of reliable credential assessment services and i have heard of an immigration law firm Green and Spiegel LLC canada who have an enviable track record.

pravtech

canada- credential assessment for FSW

Post by pravtech » Thu May 16, 2013 5:08 am

For Canada FSW , we need to go for Educational Credentials assessments

I have BE degree from India

here my question is,

1. how do we contact University(VTU) for sending my education credentials directly to Canada for ECA?
2. how do i pay by fees, when my university is sending for ECA
3. How about courier charges, i dont think University people pay the courier charges.

I appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,
Praveen

sydshoeb
Newly Registered

Post by sydshoeb » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:35 pm

please find below itemized reply
1. controller of examination should attest a photo copy of your transcripts and you should send it to assessment directly in a university sealed envelope.
2. If you do your assessment with WES, you can post your attested transcripts directly. Pay the fees thru credit card.
3. you can pay your courier charge when sending assessment documents to WES.

pat.vipul
Newly Registered

Re: canada- credential assessment

Post by pat.vipul » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Hello all,

Under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) for Canadian immigration and I must get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of my completed foreign educational credentials.

Initially I got enrolled to Government engineering college (one of state university), I completed 2 years of study there. Than due to some health issue I sought for transfer (which I got it) to other university and complete my remaining 2 years of study there. I awarded Degree certification from later university but first and later both are comes under one state.

Now come to real question, How can I get my degree (4 years) to credential by ECA? should I need to submit any proof of transfer to prove it was 4 years of complete study? or are Transcripts and mark sheets from both university enough?

Please give suggestion on it, and help me to come out of it.

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joey16
Newly Registered

Re: canada- credential assessment

Post by Joey16 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi,

Please advise:

1) How would WES Canada assess a 6 months diploma which is done after graduation(full time 3 years). Would it be equivalent to a completed post secondary education in Canada?
2) How will a ONE YEAR PG diploma from Pune University be evaluated? Would it be equivalent to a completed post secondary education in Canada?
3) Can I claim points under "Two or more certificates,diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years." as show in the CRS calculator with the above listed qualifications.

Any help/suggestion would be highly appreciated.