ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada migration under self employment

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

patmaxx
Newly Registered
India

Canada migration under self employment

Post by patmaxx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 am

Hello,

I plan to apply under self employment (Farming). I have 2 daughters, the elder one is pursuing undergraduate programm with a University in Waterloo, Toronto and my younger daughter 15 years old who is currently in Mainstream school in Dubai is Down Syndrome. She does not have any physical disability but yes slow development overall as normally with Down Syndrome individuals. Most of her surgeries have already been done, so there is no major health issue at the moment. Also she is 15 year snow so there is a couple of years of studies only which we can bear the cost.

I understand that Canadian Helathcare system is publically funded. If the cost of taking care of my daughter is perceived by the Government to place an excessive demand on the healthcare system or social services (such as special needs education) than they may turn down my application. However if we can provide referrels from doctors and schools that she will not be an excessive demand on the system or we arrange alternate medical coverage for her ourselves or give an undertaking that she will not be dependent on Canadian health care system, do you think we stand changes for migration approval?

If you know of any such situation, appreciate any feedback. Thanks

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Canada migration under self employment

Post by seanjoe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your query. whilst I do not have any specific knowledge about your daughter's health, i would imagine that Canada would never discriminate against any health condition that a child has. You got to remember, your application is being assessed on YOUR credentials; if you qualify, it does not matter what state of health your dependants are on.

Suggest you check out your credentials and chances and if you think you have a chance, put forward your application.

The rest will take shape as time passes.

Good luck.
sean