ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada visit Visa Sponsor - Elderly Parent

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secret_qa
Nepal

Canada visit Visa Sponsor - Elderly Parent

Post by secret_qa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:36 pm

Hi All,

I am looking to apply for a visit visa for my mother. My father can't join her on their visit to Canada due to their business commitments. Both of my parents live at the same address and my mother is financially dependent on my father, who is managing the house expenses and etc. However, he does not have much savings in the back account.

I live in Scotland but want to fund their trip as they want to visit our other sibling in Canda. Also, I want to join them in their trip once they arrive in the UK.

Could you please tell if I can become the sponsor for my mother's finances given that she is not my dependent and I want to give the money to her as a gift ? Also, would it make more sense if my sibling from Canda take her financial responsibility?

The key issue here is that our mother is not financially dependent on us since our father is managing the house. We want to fund the trip and give her the money as gift.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Canada visit Visa Sponsor - Elderly Parent

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:20 am

secret_qa wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:36 pm
Hi All,

I am looking to apply for a visit visa for my mother. My father can't join her on their visit to Canada due to their business commitments. Both of my parents live at the same address and my mother is financially dependent on my father, who is managing the house expenses and etc. However, he does not have much savings in the back account.

I live in Scotland but want to fund their trip as they want to visit our other sibling in Canda. Also, I want to join them in their trip once they arrive in the UK.

Could you please tell if I can become the sponsor for my mother's finances given that she is not my dependent and I want to give the money to her as a gift ? Also, would it make more sense if my sibling from Canda take her financial responsibility?

The key issue here is that our mother is not financially dependent on us since our father is managing the house. We want to fund the trip and give her the money as gift.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
The invite and the sponsorship has to come from your sibling in Canada. Your mum doesn't really need to have money in her account if your sibling hopefully has PR, good job, and a fat account.
You can co-sponsor, but your documents are only secondary. Once the visa is issued, you can do what you like in regards to giving her the money or buying tickets.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!