ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarity on express entry

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ixidor
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Education and working field

Post by Ixidor » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:28 pm

Hello,

Please would someone be able to advise?

I am about to start the process of filling in the skilled worker form to immigrate (ideally to Toronto), but have a question about getting your education assessed.

Would anyone be able to tell me if it would be acceptable If I have a Business Management Degree from London University, but currently working as a Construction Estimator (have almost 3 years experience).

The main problem I see is my studies do not match my profession, but is that okay as long as profession is considered as 'in demand'?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ixidor
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Clarity on express entry

Post by Ixidor » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Hello,

Please could anyone clarify - considering express entry method, when you pass your eligibility and fulfill requirements to get enough points, what does it mean when you are in the pool of potentially being employed?

Do I remain a candidate forever till I am selected for permanent residence? Is being selected a mandatory requirement for being employed?

If I am not selected for applying for permanent residence, can I still apply for jobs and be found by potential employers too?

Thanks a lot

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Clarity on express entry

Post by seanjoe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm

To be considered for express entry, your work experience does not need to match your qualifications, but you do need to identify the most relevant NOC code and ensure that the job description within the NOC outline matches your actual job duties and role.
sean

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Clarity on express entry

Post by seanjoe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Yes, once you are in the pool, you will be in the pool but have to keep updating your profile. So for eg. as your age advances, your points go down, but as you add more work experience, your points go up.
At any point in time, you may get a nomination or you may not.
Good luck.
sean