ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could an ECA report count as Proof of Language?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fitter_happier
Newly Registered

Could an ECA report count as Proof of Language?

Post by fitter_happier » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:23 am

Hey,

So I was reading this:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... proof.html

It seems as though if you have studied a course in English or French and have either of the following:

diploma

transcript

certificate

Then you are able to provide this as proof that you are proficient in either English of French. I am in a situation right now in which I don't have my IELTS certificate anymore to send when I come to apply for Canadian Citizenship next month. I could have requested a copy from IELTS back in March but I'm months too late for that now as I had gotten the certificate in 2017 and IELTS will only provide copies up to 2 years after you got the pass.

I do have an old IELTS certificate from 2014 which I had also sent with my PR application in 2016 but that PR application was refused (because the IELTS certificate had expired). It's not too clear to me that providing a 2014 IELTS certificate will be accepted and I don't want to take the risk.

So I am trying to avoid having to sit the IELTS exam for the 3rd time.

I have my ECA report which was sent to me in April 2015. It validates my Bachelor of Science with honours degree in Computer Networking. The report was carried out by the University of Toronto.

I am wondering, if I was to provide my ECA report which shows and validates my Degree which was obtained in the United Kingdom, if it would suffice as proof of my English language proficiency?

I believe my actual diploma is still back in Scotland so I could maybe have it sent over to be extra careful but wondering if anyone has ever used an ECA report to satisfy the requirements for Language in the application for Canadian Citizenship.

Thank you in advance.